The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Main Site's Search Functionality

Main Site's Search Functionality

Hey guys,
    I sent this as a private message to Kirupa a couple of days ago but he's probably too busy to answer so I'm gonna post it here in case anyone knows.

I noticed that the main site, when you search, uses a search engine powered by google which comes back with results for this site only. Can you please point me in the direction to where I can get something like that for my site? I did some searching in the developer section of google but from my understanding that is a paid solution. is this true for this site? or is there a free alternative? any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks!
    Matt

http://www.google.com/coop/cse/
    100% free and easy to integrate
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

thanks simp, exactly what i was looking for!

You can also use Adsense for search. It's the same thing except you get money from the ads shown on the results page.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    You can also use Adsense for search. It's the same thing except you get money from the ads shown on the results page.
    Yea, w/ the link I provided in the control panel you can optionally add Adsense to it too . Does the same thing except you have more control over the options you want (I think. I don't use Adsense so I dunno what options you get)
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Thread Information