The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: openGl help

openGl help

i am learning opengl (with the official manual guide book) but i do not now which software or program to use in order to see what i am doing. There is a couple of exercises but i do not know what use in order to see the results of my code. Can anyone help with that?

What language are you programming in? C++, C#, JAVA? They all have opengl be more clear.

well i learnt c++, it is what i'll be using but this morning when i try some code in visual studio, it did not seem to recognize opengl commands lines. what is wrong?

You need to make sure it can find the opengl headers and libraries.
    I used dev C++. It has an OpenGL package in the package manager which I installed (although I'm not sure if it will work right away), but eventually I got it to work.
    I'm not sure what exactly you need to do in Visual Studio though. Probably still need to edit the compiler and/or linker command-line options.

I believe all I needed to do in dev c++ was add this to the linker options (after the opengl headers and libraries were in the right place):
    -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lwinmm

Member #1 of the "Don't message me your flash questions" cult

Thread Information