The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Help needed building a church sign up.

Help needed building a church sign up.

Hey, I am one of the people in charge of my church website and the RCA (Reformed Churches of America) is coming to Holland. The RCA is an organization where all the reformed churches across America come and meet and discuss church issues. During this time there is a 24 hour prayer sign up where people can go online and click on a time for them to have prayer, which also includes the time, date, their name of some sort and their email. I'm not quite sure how to do this, so I was wondering if anyone here had the ability to do something like this. Here is an example of what I'm looking for.

http://www.loveasu.com/247prayer21da...gid=2233459901

Thanks in advanced.

GT: ITZ ISNAURUS. Add me.

Do you have any understanding of any server side languages? If not, I'd recommend you hire someone to do this (or find volunteers who have experience).

It's not a tough system to implement, its just better to have a starting point. Do you know what languages you have on your server? PHP? ASP? Do you have MySQL (or any other database system)?

Once you know all that, you can get started learning what ever language you have available using the tutorials on this site (or hire someone). Feel free to ask questions!

got pwnt?

Ok, yea honestly I barely know anything about server side languages. Unfortunately I can't hire anyone for this because I have no budget. Are there any tutorials that you think would be good to use in order to complete this task?

Depends on what's on the server.

If it's a linux server it will likely be PHP & MySQL
    If it's a windows server it will be ASP.Net or ASP & MS SQL server

I checked and we have PHP and MySQL.

have fun learning: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

It's a VERY usefull skill, you can learn it in a day and make some sloppy code which works. So you should be able to complete it this week and have it running nicely and be proud.

Alright, I guess that's a place to start.

Thread Information