The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Blog software...

Blog software...

Ok, so I need to create a site which contains:

- Blog entries (with images) posted by admin.
    - Visitors can comment on blog entries, but comments must be approved by admin before becoming visible.
    - Photo gallery posted by admin. Categorised into event/subject.
    - User-submitted photo gallery. Images would need to be approved by admin before becoming visible.
    - Small polls/surveys.
    - Perhaps also require visitors to create a login before they can submit any comments or photos. Not essential, though.

This would take aaaaaaaaages for me to create from scratch, so I'm thinking WordPress... But I don't know if it has a photo gallery, or the ability to approve user-submitted comments/photos.

Any help would be appreciated

I think you should visit my site.

Wordpress has comment approval built in, and I'm sure there are plenty of photo gallery plug-ins. I think Wordpress is the best blog system out there, I try new ones all the time but always end up back with Wordpress. Might try posting on their forums to see if there's a common solution or package for your needs.

Wordpress seems to work well Can you recommend any particular Photo Gallery plugin for it?

I think you should visit my site.

I don't have direct experience with it but I've heard good things of Gallery.

did u ever tried drupal?

Drupal as mentioned above would do very well, you could have the content types you choose to be displayed on homepage (your articles + your gallerys) then have a link to a page of the user submitted, it has user sign-up etc built in and has amazing community plugins

Thread Information