Thread: php domain re-direct question

php domain re-direct question

Hello,
    I have question about how to get a specific domain name to point to a specific file. Here's my issue, I have one main domain (www.something.com) and I have three other promotional type domains that need to point to specific files (www.something.com/specific-file.php).

So like, www.promotionaldomain.com pointing to www.something.com/specific-file.php

Is this possible using php? It's an IIS server and I don't have access to the admin panel so .htaccess type redirects aren't possible, any ideas?

thanks!

yea in www.promotionaldomain.com just put an index.php file that has...
    PHP Code:
    header('Location: http://www.something.com/specific-file.php'); 
    the only problem of doing it this way is that bots and such won't pick it up an "official" redirect so it won't index the page you're redirecting to.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Well, the only thing about that is I have an index.php file already sitting in the root of the home directory, I'd need to retain the homepage as index.php and somehow get the other promotional domains to re-direct to those other pages.

Is that possible?

Well if I am seeing this right you want to point the other (promotional) domains to pages on your main (something) domain? Do the other promotional domains have hosting? Can you get to the DNS settings of the promotional domains?
    Web Site Design and Stuff....One day I will get it.

The promotional domains do not have hosting, but I bought them through godaddy so I do have access to the dns settings.

If you go into the control panel at godaddy you want to go to the dns settings. then go to domain forwarding.
    You can enter the information there.
    Is the original site located on the godaddy hosting?
    If so godaddy allows more then one site to be hosted on a hosting account.
    You can just create a sub directory and place the entire site there.
    I have 5 sites currently on one godaddy hosting account.
    Web Site Design and Stuff....One day I will get it.

So I can forward to a specific file with domain forwarding?

Quote Originally Posted by atarijake View Post
    So I can forward to a specific file with domain forwarding?
    tells you in godaddy
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

thanks so much!

Thread Information