Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scroller by Claudio

Scroller by Claudio

I was wondering if it were possible to use hte scrollbar component to scroll images rather than text. But instead of 1 image, lots of small images which could be linked to other stuff when you press it. Is this possible with the scrollbar componenet?! thx

not with the scrollbar. Text only.

scroll pane can (i think)

Correctamundo

You're right worm, use a scroll pane to solve all your image scrolling problems.

o, ok...How would you use it then?

It doesn't seem to just work like the scrollpane where you drag it near the object and it automatically snaps to the size. And even if you did, i want it to drag more than one image, and the images should be able to be linked to other URL's, is that possible??

thx, i can't seem to find a tutorial on this in kirupas :-\

Originally posted by blah-de-blah
    o, ok...How would you use it then?

It doesn't seem to just work like the scrollpane where you drag it near the object and it automatically snaps to the size. And even if you did, i want it to drag more than one image, and the images should be able to be linked to other URL's, is that possible??

thx, i can't seem to find a tutorial on this in kirupas :-\
    Somebody answer this question...I'm stuck in the same place!!!
    Flash is easy except for...

The ScrollPane component

The ScrollPane component lets you add window panes with vertical and horizontal scroll bars to display movie clips in Flash documents. The ScrollPane component is useful for displaying large areas of content without taking up a lot of Stage space. The ScrollPane component only displays movie clips. To add scroll bars to text fields, you use the ScrollBar component.

To display movie clips (or JPEG files that have been converted to movie clips) inside the ScrollPane, you specify the symbol linkage ID of the movie clip for the scrollContent parameter. The movie clip must be in the library to set the scrollContent parameter, but it need not be on the Stage. Also, the movie clip must also have the Export for ActionScript option selected in the Linkage Properties dialog box. For more information, see Using movie clip event handler methods to trigger scripts.

You can display JPEG and SWF files loaded from a server in the scroll pane using the FScrollPane.loadScrollContent() method to specify the content for the scroll pane.

Note: Text in scroll panes must be displayed using embedded fonts. You cannot use device fonts to display text in scroll panes. See About embedded fonts and device fonts.

You could always use your own scrollbar.
    Something like this.

[edit] updated the file [/edit]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by claudio; February 1st, 2004 at 06:40 PM.

very nice claudio
    so much easier to work with than the flash component

thanks

I got the problem solved earlier but didn't have time to post it....let's just say brownie's reference to the FlashMX help file clicked me. It took sometime to figure out even after reading that though...so just to make things sound more informal and better understanding, here's my version:

Just convert the imported image into a movie clip and give it a unique SYMBOL LINKAGE IDENTIFIER....NOT SYMBOL NAME...and specify the same ID in the scroll pane's 'Scroll Content' parameter...and voila!

NOTE: Only the scroll pane should be on stage. Once the IDs are linked in the library, the image can be displayed with the pane alone on stage. They are resizable as well..so that's solves the prob.

Thanks a lot ppl.
    Flash is easy except for...

ive downloaded claudio's .fla but how can i change the area in which it scrolls, like how do i get it to stop scrolling right after my last line of text? instead of having it scroll nothing for a while. Also i dont know whats happening with my dragger but if u click the down button enough, the dragger goes off the bar and just down the page, what am i doing wrong?

umm works fine for me dude? Maybe Claudio has fixed it ?
    mind[*]friction
    "Think outside your box"
    -R.W.L

I took a look it seems to scroll my MC the opposite way, if I press down it goes down rather than up.???

Shed any light?

Switch the instance names for the buttons.
    Name the up arrow "down_btn" and the down arrow "up_btn".

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information