The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review Forum Guidelines

Review Forum Guidelines

Before you jump in and start reviewing or reading reviews, be sure to read the following:

Reviewing your own product/services:
    • Please don't! This is not a forum to advertise your product, and any reviews of your own product would undoubtedly be biased.
    • This also applies to 3rd-party reviews of your product.
    When creating a thread:
    • Search first! There may already be a review of the same product that you were considering reviewing. It's best to keep reviews for the same product in one thread.
    • Create a thread only if you are the reviewer. Users come to this forum to read reviews by fellow Kirupians! They will search the web for externally published reviews.
    • Include the body of the review in the post itself. The thread should not serve as a conduit to your review site/blog.
    • Don't start a thread asking for a review. If you are having trouble finding a review already, it is rather unlikely that a member will be casually browsing the Review forum looking for reviews to write. If you read a post from a user who appears to be an expert on a product elsewhere on the forums, and you would like them to write a review, try sending them a polite private message.
    Other things to keep in mind:
    • This forum is supposed to be appropriate for readers of all ages; reviews should be similarly appropriate. Review items should not include tobacco products, alcohol, or other products that might encourage behavior inappropriate for younger users . Use good judgment when picking an item to post!
    • Links to reviewed products should not contain any referral tags. You should post reviews for the benefit of the other users, not because you stand to reap a reward from product site hits.
    • Use descriptive thread titles.
    Enjoy reading the reviews, and don't forget to post review feedback!
    Who were you, Krilnon, and how did you know so much about AS4?
    The historian sighed as she gazed up at the sky and saw not stars. A story.

Just a quick question, can we review video games and such, because I always want to know people's opinion about a game before I fork out the cash for it?
    COLOURlovers | Member #2 of the kirupa XBox 360 Club
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

I don't see why not.

well you can probably do that in the computers and games forum

shane-c....Your site is a lot like a transvestite in that respect.
    fester8542.I'd hit it like the fist of an angry God .
    JoshuaJonah.I design for DDD. Then clients usually like it, and the ladies find me more attractive.
    Cybercode Albert Einstein Said that my math teacher has that on his wall

K-Emmys-06: Best "Best Mod" K-Emmys-06: Best "Most Creative Critic"

Member #1 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club

This forum seems to be a smash hit.

Is it appropriate to post things like this ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoretically, Me
    Firefox is a wonderful application. The thing is, and this makes it pretty much completely useless, is that it is the biggest memory hog ever, on a regular basis using more RAM than IE7. Which is silly.

Anyways, no application on earth should be so useless.
    Or would you say that's bad?

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

7. ^ as long as you have a disclaimer saying it is your own opinion I guess you could write anything *suitable* Nokrev.

^But it sounds like fanboyism if you ask me!
    In My Restless Dreams...

nice idea.

Here, this may give people an idea of things to review.
    http://www.templarian.com/?p=reviews

(I've got the time, for ever review there will be a picture for it at that link)
    Last edited by Templarian; August 10th, 2007 at 01:16 AM.

Join #kirupa | Click the under my Username | CL | Jeff

I was thinking about reviewing Eragon (Inheritance Trilogy), would that be an OK thing to review here?
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

Temp, do you mind if I write a generator in PHP so that people don't have to go through the hassle of creating their own images over and over again?

^Go for it, I'll host it if you want (PHP 5.2)...

There are only a few types of headers as you can see i made a template for each one.

Myriad Web Pro.
    Last edited by Templarian; August 10th, 2007 at 04:00 PM.

Don't worry about hosting, I've got PHP5 with GD2 so it isn't a problem. And I've got Myriad Web Pro also.

Man transparent PNGs on those backgrounds!

^Yea and remove the [PS2] at the start of the titles. lol. *and yea you can set the background to transparent in my template and resave it when your doing it. I don't think we have to care about IE6 users viewing the forums web dev/des are smarter than that.
    Last edited by Templarian; August 10th, 2007 at 04:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information