Results 1 to 15 of 42
Thread: Review Forum Guidelines
August 8th, 2007, 02:27 AM #1
Review Forum Guidelines
Before you jump in and start reviewing or reading reviews, be sure to read the following:
Reviewing your own product/services:
- Please don't! This is not a forum to advertise your product, and any reviews of your own product would undoubtedly be biased.
- This also applies to 3rd-party reviews of your product.
- Search first! There may already be a review of the same product that you were considering reviewing. It's best to keep reviews for the same product in one thread.
- Create a thread only if you are the reviewer. Users come to this forum to read reviews by fellow Kirupians! They will search the web for externally published reviews.
- Include the body of the review in the post itself. The thread should not serve as a conduit to your review site/blog.
- Don't start a thread asking for a review. If you are having trouble finding a review already, it is rather unlikely that a member will be casually browsing the Review forum looking for reviews to write. If you read a post from a user who appears to be an expert on a product elsewhere on the forums, and you would like them to write a review, try sending them a polite private message.
- This forum is supposed to be appropriate for readers of all ages; reviews should be similarly appropriate. Review items should not include tobacco products, alcohol, or other products that might encourage behavior inappropriate for younger users . Use good judgment when picking an item to post!
- Links to reviewed products should not contain any referral tags. You should post reviews for the benefit of the other users, not because you stand to reap a reward from product site hits.
- Use descriptive thread titles.
August 8th, 2007, 06:52 AM #2
Just a quick question, can we review video games and such, because I always want to know people's opinion about a game before I fork out the cash for it?
August 8th, 2007, 07:35 AM #3
August 8th, 2007, 05:38 PM #4
well you can probably do that in the computers and games forum
shane-c....Your site is a lot like a transvestite in that respect.
fester8542.I'd hit it like the fist of an angry God .
JoshuaJonah.I design for DDD. Then clients usually like it, and the ladies find me more attractive.
Cybercode Albert Einstein Said that my math teacher has that on his wall
K-Emmys-06: Best "Best Mod" K-Emmys-06: Best "Most Creative Critic"
Member #1 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club
August 9th, 2007, 02:02 AM #5
This forum seems to be a smash hit.
August 9th, 2007, 02:06 AM #6
August 9th, 2007, 05:10 AM #7
^ as long as you have a disclaimer saying it is your own opinion I guess you could write anything *suitable* Nokrev.
August 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM #8
^But it sounds like fanboyism if you ask me!In My Restless Dreams...
August 10th, 2007, 12:26 AM #9
August 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM #10
I was thinking about reviewing Eragon (Inheritance Trilogy), would that be an OK thing to review here?
August 10th, 2007, 03:44 PM #11
Temp, do you mind if I write a generator in PHP so that people don't have to go through the hassle of creating their own images over and over again?
August 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM #12
August 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM #13
Don't worry about hosting, I've got PHP5 with GD2 so it isn't a problem. And I've got Myriad Web Pro also.
August 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM #14
Man transparent PNGs on those backgrounds!
August 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM #15
^Yea and remove the [PS2] at the start of the titles. lol. *and yea you can set the background to transparent in my template and resave it when your doing it. I don't think we have to care about IE6 users viewing the forums web dev/des are smarter than that.
Last edited by Templarian; August 10th, 2007 at 04:14 PM.