Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vector Battle Redux With Really Long Title That Will Probably Get Cut Off

Hybrid View

Vector Battle Redux With Really Long Title That Will Probably Get Cut Off

First off my battle forum got deleted by accident by who knows..
    and this is the redux or badly shaped clone of it.

since I hope that most contestants have a decent memory I will skip the long boring introduction with the flavor of lemon and get into it...

I challenge
    DDD
    dorkmotion
    EIII
    dr. voeg
    ronnie
    and a few others...
    and to give a little taunt:: ("my milkshake is better than yours, it brings all the designers and developers to my yard, I could teach you but I have to charge..")

size
    800x600
    I want 1024x768 but not sure if in the forum it can be attached or if its an easy download for the viewer?--any suggestions

rounds: 10mx 3min

uhmm after each round a contestant can use a character from a previous battle of another protagonist to spice up the battle

whoever enters first gets to make the theme for the next round
    and noone can go twice, in other words the same person won't be giving art themes..I would like a general non-participant to contribute a theme but I don't want to wait on a random person...might slow things up

also good luck...

bah a bit too many rounds for me homie.....I am thinking one image and out.

shane-c....Your site is a lot like a transvestite in that respect.
    fester8542.I'd hit it like the fist of an angry God .
    JoshuaJonah.I design for DDD. Then clients usually like it, and the ladies find me more attractive.
    Cybercode Albert Einstein Said that my math teacher has that on his wall

K-Emmys-06: Best "Best Mod" K-Emmys-06: Best "Most Creative Critic"

Member #1 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club

yeah I guess ...IT is getting near September and usually thats when the work load starts getting high

ah well at least I can say I started a battle hopefully we will make it to the second round and maybe I will end it there and look for votes..

anyway
    Round 1--(I changed it because I wasn't sure if people started on their work or not so it is a little different)
    5-10% composition area has to be green(can be any green and can have many greens)
    theme- something funny or sad
    pure vector
    round 1 ends in 8days... --WEDnesDAY-Aug. 16th
    Last edited by wes_design; August 7th, 2007 at 02:03 PM.

thats the point of making it 5-10% green?

oh simple it forces you the creative to think of an arrangement that works with green...
    its a limiter and also it helps the audience to judge better because it shows that the creative was able to work with a pre-direction of colour

so when people judge round 1 they can decide you used those rules most creatively...

8 days ain't happening for me. I'll sit out on this one.

my entry

Well it isn't the best but I really wanted to keep this thing alive, so I didn't get to put as much details as I wanted to put in

if it seems that I am the only that submits then there is always round2

And since I made the rules for round1

I am looking for round2 suggestions

who ever comes up first gets at it...
    and they can put in the time frame...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hugatree copy.gif 
Views:	198 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	43827  

Oh man, I missed this thread. Last I knew the rules were still kinda sketchy. Now the first round's over. And the winner of Round 1 by default is... wes_design. Round 2?

well you decide the rules? since I already did the first round and also since you posted first...make them fun and flexible...besides I was hoping to not win 1st because of default I wanted to at least go for second...

Needs a longer deadline and more competitors

^ok
    It's SPAMMING TIME!!!

How about a theme like "oops!" and a deadline like September 10 (or 15th)? Make it vector, 800 x 600. Any style. Anyone interested? I'm very busy bu haven't been in a battle here for a while so I'll give up some early morning hours for this.
    Other ideas?

ok so come on people

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
    How about a theme like "oops!" and a deadline like September 10 (or 15th)? Make it vector, 800 x 600. Any style. Anyone interested? I'm very busy bu haven't been in a battle here for a while so I'll give up some early morning hours for this.
    Other ideas?
    Seriously, I just went over ronnie's post and it seems that the deadline is sept. 10th

I see no reason to prolong this... besides we still can have more rounds

but I hope I don't win by default again ...

sounds okay to me, what about Pasquale and the others...
    I am willing to make visual taunts to get the massess geared up for a battle

I'm up for something like that

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information