Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Programming Language

Best Programming Language

Even though I understand that some languages are simply better than others depending on the task, I'd still like to get an idea of what Kirupa members think is the best language (or favorite language).

None, for each language is tailored to the user. Although if i had to pick one even though I don't even know it, I would say C++ its just so logically made.

I use VB and I don't even think of it as a language more of a cheat.

(ASSEMBLY!!!, okay not rly a programming language)
    Last edited by Templarian; June 9th, 2007 at 12:44 PM.

Join #kirupa | Click the ƒ under my Username | CL | Jeff

Ruby. Tons of fun to program.

Prolog is also really cool, though.

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

home cooking is killing the restaurant industry
    I like Python but I can't wait for them to reorganize the standard library to make it more consistent, that'll be cool

I think Lisp would be a great language if it was more popular, as well.. too many people can't get past the slightly strange syntax to find out its advantages.
    There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
    Those that might know ternary, those that do, and those that don't
    Say NO to DRM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post

(ASSEMBLY!!!, okay not rly a programming language)
    I think Assembly counts as a programming language if its high-level and supports macros, like MASM. But if you're instructions are just being converted (one line of code to x number of binary), then it doesn't count as a programming language.

I like Java a lot since the organization really makes sense to me, but in some cases I like C++ because it gives more control.

My first pick would be C, cuz, although lacking OOP, it's clean and takes you a bit closer to the innards of the computer, definitey worth learning for every system programmer.

My second pick would be python which is actually more like a scripting language but is very optimized and can accomplish unbelievable things with the shortest amount of code.

Member #1 of the "Don't message me your flash questions" cult

I like c# the much

8. Either ruby, python or PHP. Mainly because those are the ones I use most and Ruby and Python are good for both desktop and web.

PHP for me, but I don't do any desktop programming. I do know a bit of vb.net, but I never use it.

JavaScript/ECMAScript.

Because its easy and can be used in a wide range of applications - OS scripting, web scripting, application extensions... good stuff which even novice programmers can easily jump into without needing to know how to develop full-fledged applications. Oh yeah, and its what ActionScript is based off of

Quote Originally Posted by senocular View Post
    JavaScript/ECMAScript.

Because its easy and can be used in a wide range of applications - OS scripting, web scripting, application extensions... good stuff which even novice programmers can easily jump into without needing to know how to develop full-fledged applications. Oh yeah, and its what ActionScript is based off of
    I agree.
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

Javascript, PHP, Java, C++, Asm (definitely awesome!).

I think somone or probably me asked this kind of question a long time ago. Although, I listed the programming languages I like, I don't think there is any perticular great language. All have some ups and downs... What my point is, you can't do server-side with javascript and clientside with php, you know?
    Last edited by kdd; June 10th, 2007 at 11:46 PM.

Just throwing this out there, but PHP is easily the worst hacked-together language I know. It's a mess!

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

Depends how one codes in it...

Quote Originally Posted by kdd View Post
    Depends how one codes in it...
    That's just his narcissism talking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information