Thread: LIGHTBOX kinda Photo Gallery in XML

Fla Box LIGHTBOX kinda Photo Gallery in XML

Hello Friends,

Please do check http://www.aeiko.net/ and his portfolio.

The site has used Lightbox kinda flash script.

The background fades and the gallery pops up the whole screen.

And Im sure the gallery is in Flash. Can anyone please explain with tutorial and provide the .fla for the same so we could study the script.

Thanks
    Ben

what if i tell you that's just a black movieClip over the whole site but under the picture, wich fades from alpha 0 to alpha 30 lets say

wow! do you really think so,

is that how they do it in FLASH?

simply by calling a swf using loadmovie in target? with a faded bg?

Quote Originally Posted by desiben View Post
    wow! do you really think so,

is that how they do it in FLASH?

simply by calling a swf using loadmovie in target? with a faded bg?
    yes, you can create the the 100% black square dynamically stretched to the size of the browser window on a layer above everything else, then it's a matter of using _alpha to adjust it to a semi-transparent value. Load the gallery item on top of everything else.
    -Nick

Quote Originally Posted by cpgenius View Post
    yes, you can create the the 100% black square dynamically stretched to the size of the browser window on a layer above everything else, then it's a matter of using _alpha to adjust it to a semi-transparent value. Load the gallery item on top of everything else.

Thanks I should try alpha 50% and see if it would work!

So on the click on the Show Gallery Button in the base, can we load the swf on it using loadMovie and then unloadMovie it when close is clicked!

Has someone got the fla for the same?

When you click on a job it gives you a description etc and loads the text, would this whole site be running of a database? Trying to get my head around how something liek this is built in Flash, like the best way...

From what I know about Flash it could be 2 ways

1) MySQL database holding all text and images
    2) Folders holding all images which are all controlled using an XML file

Can someone let me know if this is correct and which options are better?

For something like this I'd use XML.
    -Nick

Can i ask why? Is it easier?

Quote Originally Posted by tomyknoker View Post
    Can i ask why? Is it easier?
    I'd prefer to work with XML in this situation because of its structure. You could go either way really. XML might be more simple, since you're just reading from the source.
    -Nick

sekasi (kirupa member) designed the site, he talks about it in THIS Thread that he used joomla & XML for the text content.

Perhaps sekasi will stop by and provide some input, but otherwise yeah you got it right that the lightbox box effect can be achieved via a combination of scaled with Stage.height & Stage.width, alpha, with its depth above the original content and below the loaded content, you could also make the box so that everything under it would be disabled.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Hello :p

I made aeiko.net and I can tell you that they are spot on.

The site gets covered by a black movieclip with a onRollOver handler and usemousecursor false.

The black clip fades up to opacity 35 as the pictures appear.

/sekasi

thanks for stopping by sekasi, nice work by the way

Quote Originally Posted by sekasi View Post
    Hello :p

I made aeiko.net and I can tell you that they are spot on.

The site gets covered by a black movieclip with a onRollOver handler and usemousecursor false.

The black clip fades up to opacity 35 as the pictures appear.

/sekasi

Hi I really like what you have done for your portfolio, I have used lightbox for my flash site but can't seem to customise it properly, do u have a tutorial or a basic template fla that I cud use?

Cheers

Hi!

Im just looking for some help with this lightbox thing and how to make your own one completley in flash. I didn't understand all the stuff you talked about so if someone could take some time and explain how to make this thing step by step it would be very appreciated or if someone has a link to a tutorial that explains all this. Im in a hurry so I need in 2 days.

Ideardtaurb
    n/a

Уникальный Пр

Как прогнать свой сайт? Как поднять посещаемость? Как поднять Тиц и Pr?
    Прогон по каталогам ничего не дает, мы предлогаем уникальную возможность прогона по дешевым ценам!
    СУПЕР ПРОГОН ВАШЕГО САЙТА: (icq 618204327)

ТАРИФЫ:

Наши тарифы прогона сайта по солянке:

Прогон по базе из 5000 сайтов стоит 150 руб
    Прогон по базе из 10000 сайтов стоит 250 руб
    Прогон по всей базе (примерно 30 000 сайтов) сайтов стоит 500 руб

Тарифы прогона сайта по профилям:

Регистрация 3000 профилей на разных форумах ( с вашими сылками внутри аккаунтов) ВСЕГО 100 руб !!!!! (придет 3000 писем)
    Регистрация 10000 профилей на разных форумах ( с вашими сылками внутри аккаунтов) ВСЕГО 300 руб !!!!! (придет 10000 писем)
    Регистрация 25000 профилей на разных форумах ( с вашими сылками внутри аккаунтов) ВСЕГО 600 руб !!!!! (придет 25000 писем)

Тарифы рекламного прогона сайта по форумам:

Прогон 3000 постов на разных форумах (Ваш рекламный текст в постах) Всего 210 руб (придет 3000 писем)
    Прогон 10000 постов на разных форумах (Ваш рекламный текст в постах) Всего 600 руб (придет 10000 писем)
    Прогон 25000 постов на разных форумах (Ваш рекламный текст в постах) Всего 1200 руб (придет 25000 писем)

Наши тарифы прогона сайта по форумам:

Прогон 3000 постов на разных форумах ( с сылками внутри текста) Всего 150 руб (придет 3000 писем)
    Прогон 10000 постов на разных форумах ( с сылками внутри текста) Всего 450 руб (придет примерно 10000 писем)
    Прогон 25000 постов на разных форумах ( с сылками внутри текста) Всего 900 руб (придет примерно 25000 писем)

Тарифы прогона сайта по гостевым книгам:

Размещение сообщения в гостевой книге на 3000 сайтов (Размещается сообщение в гостевой книге с вашим объявлением или сылкой на сайт) Всего 120 руб
    Размещение сообщения в гостевой книге на 10000 сайтов (Размещается сообщение в гостевой книге с вашим объявлением или сылкой на сайт) Всего 300 руб

Наши тарифы прогона сайта по комментариям:

Размещение комментариев на 3000 сайтов (Размещается комментарий на сайтах с вашим объявлением или сылкой на сайт) Всего 150 руб (придет около 3000 писем с регистрацией на сайтах, где добавлялись комментарии)
    Размещение комментариев на 10000 сайтов (Размещается комментарий на сайтах с вашим объявлением или сылкой на сайт) Всего 450 руб (придет около 10000 писем с регистрацией на сайтах, где добавлялись комментарии)

Для оформления заказа вам необходимо написать в Icq 618204327 для связи!
    Гарантия! Полный отчет!

Thread Information