The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Recommended Hosts

Recommended Hosts

Hi; I hope to scrap my current hosts at some stage, so I'm looking for a new affordable host with MySQL and php support and a decent amount of storage. A good amount of bandwidth is also required (preferably unlimited).

Any hosts that you would recommend?
    Last edited by abhi99; May 12th, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

i have had good success with bluehost.

i just started with 5gbfree and it's working so far
    Zed Town- zombie killing game
    moar games at NPGAM.ES

I quite like Textdrive. They are a tad more expensive than some (excluding MediaTemple, which is quite unaffordable), but it is well made up for in security, support, and uptime.

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

If you can afford it, go with (mt) MediaTemple. If you can't, do what Jeff (nokrev) said and go with Textdrive. Both of them are good and will be well worth your money.
    COLOURlovers | Member #2 of the kirupa XBox 360 Club
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

www.dreamhost.com

it's who i host w/ and all my clients host with... cheap, and great packages.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Is free hosting just a pipe-dream? Even for 10-20mb space with ads from the provider?

Look at it from a business perspective. Why would you do that?

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

1 & 1 or MT.

I've had good luck with HostGator

Thread Information