Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a cuestion for the FX expert!

upuaut8
    n/a

Re: I think

I can't view that page.. but I've a feeling I know what you're all talking about.

I can't think of the link off the top of my head, but the wobble, effect from "New Masters of Flash" would probebly cut it. That requires director skills as well I hear, though who know's with MX maybe it can be done.

Someone had posted something in the Flash 5.0 forum a few months back which did an excellent job of simulating water. It was still not like an Applete, but it was still quite excellent

I am not Jubba
    n/a

Re: I think

Eyez did a good job with a water effect, but his wasn't following the mouse. I'm taking a couple courses in Java over the summer, hopefully then maybe i'll be able to understand how the hell to do that. If you go to the site that Kirupa posted, you can download a program that allows you to put that effect over your own pics, and the publish them into a webpage or whatever.

zammarz
    n/a

Re: a cuestion for the FX expert!

I have that applet on my company web page . Don't remember where I got it. But it was one of the nicer applets I could find at the time for that effect.
    You can see it here www.ptwood.com

flatline damnation
    n/a

Nothing new...

Yeah... I saw it at Anfy's already... Don't think it's possible in Flash tough...

novatake
    n/a

anfy program

yeah that water effect can be made in anfy i have made it b4 but they only problem is anfy if u download the socalled "freeware" it is about as free as buying a slut off amazon.com once youve spent like an hour making it and uploading it to ur site entering all the code it decides to tell u that u must register the "freeware" to view this file to if u cant find a way then tell me coz its got great effects on there

okjosss
    n/a

Re: anfy program

ok, you star to talk about how you can use the FX but you don;t thing in how DO the FX!!....

:smokin: ok!... so this is mi first idea, (a novate idea)... i thig firs
    you have to do, a movi clip, for the moviment of the water,the more realistic, as you cant!.. (have to wach(see), the water, and do a lot of graphip!... then simulate the water, in one movieClip, then this movie clip can be a boton, ho in roll over do something like morpheus( ) over the image, and this boton have to be :smokin: fit at the center of the mause, and y dont now how!!... you have to tell to animation (of water) inside the over boton, play at the movimen of the mause, and this movimen rules by the speed....:smokin:

mmm... looks like is a lot of work!... but is my idea!!!!!
    anivary?.....:smokin:

I am not Jubba
    n/a

Joss..this effect is very difficult (near impossible for something that looks exactly like that) to create in Flash. The image you see is a Java Applet, and takes and understanding of Java scripting to create.

okjosss
    n/a

yes!...you rigth!... take a lot of work!... :smokin: but is like everythin
    the first computer, was like an stadiun!.....and now, a have one in my paket!...
    i'm working on it!... maybe like a stone worker!... but am doing!..it!.

wen i saw, all tat fx, like graviti, impac deteccion, deformations, of images!... i belive tat everythin can be simulated in flash!... and i still beliving!..tat!...

let see wath hapen!!... salut!!:smokin:

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

I don't believe that Java is a more powerful tool than Flash when it comes to graphic. Actually, I've seen in my book something that could look (from a long distance) like that. Maybe if I have 3 weeks to loose, some day ?...

pom 0]

Jedi Master
    n/a

I think Macromedia wasnt set out to make programs which use technology which is already available, but if they did, what a stupid idea.

I am not Jubba
    n/a

Re: .

I never said Java was more powerful when it comes to graphics, its just that Java makes that effect, and it makes it well. Flash is definately the better graphic program/language, however, I believe that an effect that looks like that is only achieveable with Java or some other programming language. Good luck with that effect Pom, i would like to see it when you are done.

Spacedabz
    n/a

Thanks for all coming to look at the site. I know most of you didn't get passed the front page, but thanks anyway.

As you can see I went for the Java option for the effect. I did try doing it in flash, but it just didn't work as well. If anybody does come up with a way of doing it in Flash, fantastic! I'll check back regularly.

Many thanks again
    Abz (Spacedabz) UK
    www.abz.co.uk

okjosss
    n/a

hey! Spacedabz

i realy like your loop thing!... very good!
    i have the magix music studio generator
    very har to use profecionaly!

salut!

JOSS

Spacedabz
    n/a

It's all down to Fruityloops 3 and Flash 5.

Can't live without 'em

If anyone does have any idea how to make the water effect in flash, I think they'd be on to a winner. It just takes too much processor power to run smoothly like the Java applet.

Abz (Spacedabz) UK
    www.abz.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information