The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: calculating D.O.B, from AGE (How To?)

calculating D.O.B, from AGE (How To?)

How to calculate DOB (Date of Birth), If i know Person's Todays Age. (MSaccess/ASP)

Thx in Advance.

Well, you can get the year by subtracting the age from the current year.

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

well, it's not quite as simple as nokrev says, but that's basically it. but you can't get a complete DOB unless you already know the person's month and date in addition to age.

Yeah, but that's the best you can do with the information you have. It won't work in a lot of cases, but it'll get you within one year.

E.g., I'm currently 16, but I was born in 1990. 2007-16 is 1991, though, because it's not my birthday yet.

well, you could still do better if you apply any probability to it. so on 2/17/2007, you're 16. also on 2/17/2007, approx. 10.4% of 2007 has passed. so there's an 89.6% chance that if you're 16 today, you were born in 1990, not 1991.
    Last edited by bwh2; February 17th, 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Or, more simply put (I think this is what you're getting at), you could just see if today is after June 1st, and if it is, there's a greater than 50% chance that they're that age, otherwise they're the subtracted value, minus one. Or, something like that...

i agree with.. you both.. and thanx for quick replies.

Thread Information