The forums have permanently moved to This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: checking in a database if user has completed form??

checking in a database if user has completed form??

i'm wanting to check someone against a database that if they have finished the form and submitted can i put like a "1" or a word saying "completed" next to their name and email in the database??

any ideas??

Cheers Peeps
    ps.. i know how to add the users to the database when they enter their name and email at the start of the form...and i know how to make sure only one email address gets enetered instead having multiple entries of the one email. So it's just the checking of when completed the form.

sorry i'll quickly refrase it...when the user completes the form i will have their name and email and a "1" or "completed" number/word show up in the column next to their coresponding email address so that whoever looks at the database knows who has done completed the form and who hasn't

What you can do is add a column called "completed". When user logs in it checks if completed is equals to 1 or 0, if it equals to 0 it will say "Form not done", if it equals to 1 it will say nothing. When user finishes the form... a query shall be applied making "completed" equal to 1.

Check if user completed the form:
    PHP Code:
    "SELECT completed FROM userinfo WHERE user='{$user}'";
    $query mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query($sql));
    $query['completed'] = 0||empty($query['completed'])) {
    '<a href="goForm.php">Please do the form first</a>";
    I'm not exactly sure if this is what you want...

Thread Information