Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: mkdir()

Barcode mkdir()

i used the function mkdir to create a folder on my webbrowser..

but i also like to create a standard file within it. index.php wich includes a standard function with readdir. But how can i create a file within the created folder?
    Is it possible or do i have to upload it by myself.

kind regards Jos

see fopen()

cheers senocular.. thanx for the quick reply..

Barcode

I looked at fopen().

So i open a file somewhere in my browser.
    This file reads content with readdir()

Now i like to place this file in the folder i just created.
    Like i sad it's just a standard file so i dont have to write witin it (fwrite)
    But can i copy the file and lace the copy in the folder?

i just can't figure it out i checked the manual at php.net does someone have experience with it or other recourses wich can be helpfull?

Cheerz

ok and do you know where i can find some information on how to do that?

Ive got only small
    knowledge with htacess

Thanx mate, i think it's still not really what i'm looking for but i'm gonna reed a bit better and just play with some thing...

Cheerz

to be honest, i think it's exactly what you're looking for. just make a php file which has readdir and then outputs the dir contents. then make that your default index file.

ok i'll trie.. you are an expert so you must be right..

i'll let you know how i did it..

thanx

Thread Information