Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: How can i do this in php

How can i do this in php

O.k..this is my website www.jimmiesolomon.com
    my problem is that it loads way too slow, so i want to do it in like php so it can be fast.
    can anyone point me in a direction to some tutorials or something that will teach me how to build a site like mine in php?

yeah, 3.57 MB for that .swf is completely unnecessary. it's not that you need PHP, you just need to not embed such large files. you could even do plain (X)HTML files and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bwh2 View Post
    yeah, 3.57 MB for that .swf is completely unnecessary. it's not that you need PHP, you just need to not embed such large files. you could even do plain (X)HTML files and be fine.

what do u mean (x) html ? do u have like a link on how to do somethin like that?

Yeah, you can do it in PHP, but it's unnecessary. Look into div's and CSS and the background attribute.. plus a bit of javascript.
    Last edited by hl; February 10th, 2007 at 04:54 PM.
    got pwnt?

Quote Originally Posted by illstar View Post
    what do u mean (x) html ? do u have like a link on how to do somethin like that?
    i just mean don't use flash.

I would just use HTML then use lightbox for previews

put your jpg files into directory and load them with loader. Flash has component caled loader. Use it

Flash is so unnecessary though.
    got pwnt?

thanks alot guys... would loader load them on top of the movie? what script can i use for that?

HAi pls inform me if i need any php software for an email flash link to my site at php

Thread Information