Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Shopping cart malfunction?

Robot1 Shopping cart malfunction?

php to SQL posting problem
    I recently had a program written in php for e-commerce, but there seems to be a problem with the posting of the cart id to the SQL table. The designer is no longer available for questions, so I had hoped to get some help here. I have a brief knowledge of php, but just cant seem to track the problem down.

There are two tables used for the cart:

store_shopping_cart and
    store_shopping_cart_items

Everything works fine until you try to add an item to the cart. It tries to enter a null value into store_shopping_cart_items for the column shopping_cart_id

The shopping cart id obviously cannot be null or there could be major confusion between different customers.

I know you need more information and to look at the code to give me an answer, but there are many dependent php files (classes.php,common.php, etc.) I didnt want to post them all here and waste a bunch of space..

Could some1 contact me and help me track this problem down? I'd like to get the site up and working asap because its a much better design than our current site.

Thanks
    TimmyC
    TimmyC@5thavenuebling.com

if you want someone to fix it, my opinion is that you should ask a mod to move this to job offers, then get some paid help. basically, i don't think anyone will dig through your code to find the bug without compensation.

if you just want some guidance, you need to:
    - check that the store_shopping_cart is being populated
    - check that the auto generated (should be) shopping_cart_id is being returned
    - check that shopping_cart_id is being maintained somewhere

Thread Information