The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: [php] re-declare function error

[php] re-declare function error

This is how my site works: Index.php is the shell of the site. It has all the graphics and layout tables. Each link is structured like index.php?sec=contact. I use $_GET to find which section the user wants to go to. And then I load the page content by running secCode(). secCode() is the function in contact.php, for example, that contains all the contact content.

PHP Code:
    $section $_GET['sec'];
    $section .= ".php";
    include(
    "$section");
    secCode(); 
    I've done include("constants.php") in index.php, but whenever I load a whateverSection.php, the constants are no longer in scope. So I re-include constants.php within the section code. This is where the re-declare error lies. How do I fix it?
    Last edited by NeoDreamer; January 18th, 2007 at 01:04 AM.

there's no reason to include your files more than once. really, you should probably be using require_once instead of include. if you require constants.php at the top of your index you should be fine.

also, your current method is a big security risk. you should be validating that GET request. and you should take your variables out of double quotes. use single quotes for strings. something like this should work:

PHP Code:
    require_once( 'constants.php' );

$validSecs = array(

'home',

'contact',

'about'
    );

if( 
    in_array$_GET['sec'], $validSecs ) ) {
     require_once( 
    $_GET['sec'].'.php' );
    }