Thread: Anyone able to give good (or bad) experiences of hosting with MediaTemple?

Anyone able to give good (or bad) experiences of hosting with MediaTemple?

Hi

We're looking for info on hosting your experience of hosting with Media Temple - let us know the good and the bad.

Cheers
    Adam

I can't say I've had a bad experience from being hosted by them.

I do have a list of gripes though. One is that I need my cPanel, but I make do with their panel. Second is that domains cannot be created on another FTP account, making it hard to host friends on it. Additionally, uh.. I forget the last one.

Honestly, all of my gripes are completely minor. It is an extremely good host.
    got pwnt?

I absolutely love (mt), and their CP is actually fairly nice, I don't see why your griping about it hl. Sometimes the FTP is a little slow and there can be some high delays/latency with the FTP too, but besides that it's a great host. Though lowering the price would help.
    COLOURlovers | Member #2 of the kirupa XBox 360 Club
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

Hi guys - thanks for your comments. One of the troubles we have with our current hosts is that we cannot allow our clients to create their own FTP accounts, (so that they can create ftp drop-boxes for their own clients).

Is this possible with the (mt) cPanel?

I've sniffed around their knowledge base and the Plesk demos, but can't seem to find the answer! Any help would be a great ... er ... help!

You can create multiple FTP accounts, and I think there are a bunch of customizable privelege options for them too.
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

Yeah, MT are great, and creating FTP is easy, you can allow them access to everything, or only public domains or only certain directories etc, and all that jazz in the FTP department.

And all my support requests have been dealt with very quickly

Fantastic - all sound very positive. Thanks for your help everyone.

No problem, mate.

Thread Information