Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: ASP/ACCESS Error

ASP/ACCESS Error

I inherited a script and was left with the responsibility to maintain it. Recently there a problem has surfaced and I cannot find the source of this issue. The error I receive is the following.
    PHP Code:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' 
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access DriverSyntax error (missing operatorin query expression 'checklistID ='
    /
    ordering/admin-itemlist.aspline 93 
    I open up the file admin-itemlist.asp and refer to line 93

PHP Code:
    Dim checkmediars5Rsqltemp
    If checklistnumber "all" then 
        check 
    "All CheckLists" 
    elseif checklistnumber "" then
        Rsql 
    "SELECT * FROM CheckLists"

Set rs5=conn.execute(Rsql)

Do While 
    Not rs5.eof

If rs5("FromDate") <= Date() and rs5("ToDate") >= Date() then
            temp 
    rs5(0)

End If

rs5.movenext
        Loop    

Rsql 
    "SELECT checklistNumber FROM CheckLists WHERE checklistID = "&temp&""
    Set rs5=conn.execute(Rsql)

check rs5(0
    Line 93 is

PHP Code:
    Rsql "SELECT checklistNumber FROM CheckLists WHERE checklistID = "&temp&"" 
    I referred to resources online but no suggestions have helped resolve this issue. Anyone have any further suggestions?

Eventually everything will be PHP with MySQL backend but I must work with what has worked until I can make the conversion. Any help is appreciated.

i don't know anything about ASP, but my guess is that it should be single quotes around the variable:
    Code:
    Rsql = "SELECT checklistNumber FROM CheckLists WHERE checklistID = '&temp&'"

I know very little ASP myself and I am not a big fan of it. When I use single quotes instead of double quotes I ge the following error.

PHP Code:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07' 

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access DriverData type mismatch in criteria expression

/
    ordering/admin-itemlist.aspline 93 

I believe I have this issue resolved. I think the issue was the script was calling for data from the database where todays date fell in that range and in this instance it did not so in return I got an error.

Thread Information