The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: ASP contact form with go daddy hosting

ASP contact form with go daddy hosting

Hi everyone,

I have a client that is hosted by go daddy. he needs a contact form. so i add it, no problem, BUT it doesn't work on go daddy? WHY? they have their own scripts, or limitations or something and of course, they don't want to help - not on the phone and not on their site..

anyways, does anyone know what can be done? they supply an ASP file called gdform.asp which i think i'm supposed to use. although maybe using my own file might work also? very unclear.

any ideas/clues/hints???

thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by rororo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a client that is hosted by go daddy. he needs a contact form. so i add it, no problem, BUT it doesn't work on go daddy? WHY? they have their own scripts, or limitations or something and of course, they don't want to help - not on the phone and not on their site..

anyways, does anyone know what can be done? they supply an ASP file called gdform.asp which i think i'm supposed to use. although maybe using my own file might work also? very unclear.

any ideas/clues/hints???

thanks a lot!

Is this person site running on a windows server? If not then you cant run ASP code, as that code can only be used on a Windows Server.
    Member #2 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club.

it's a windows server.
    i am actually considering asking him to transfer to linux so that i can use php. although i imagine that there will be problems with that as well.... but who knows.

Ask them for full documentation for their own contact form, if they don't help, tell them to "bash their arse" and find a better hosting provider.

that's another direction i'm thinking of going

Thread Information