Thread: Flash-Based Email Form Using PHP (am i doing it right?)PLEASE HELP!

Flash-Based Email Form Using PHP (am i doing it right?)PLEASE HELP!

Ok...i know nothing about php but I followed the tutorial here in making email form-flash based using php. As instructed, i uploaded it to my server (yahoo) and after 100th time of testing.... trying to figure out whats the problem...i finally gave up and thats why im wriiting now asking for help.
    I even made sure that the server plan i am with yahoo has PHP interpreter(i even upgraded it just for this).
    So...what do you think is the problem? I downloaded the file from the tutorial and changed the "email address" to the address i want , then, i uploaded it to my server.

Sorry...after no sleep...dreaming on it....i feel like a zombie now...cheers;_D

Does your host allow PHP mail? alot of free hosts dont.

Quote Originally Posted by evildrummer View Post
    Does your host allow PHP mail? alot of free hosts dont.

yes, my host allow php mail...i made sure of that. but it just doesnt really work . I tried uploading different files but i guess im not doing it right.

When i download the source files from the tutorial, all i have to do is just change the email address right? then, upload it to my server?

zip the files up and send them to me, I can try it on my server cause I have a contact form already, and are you sure about the mail, have a php document with just:
    PHP Code:
    <? phpinfo(); ?>

zip the files up and send them to me, I can try it on my server cause I have a contact form already, and are you sure about the mail, have a php document with just:
    PHP Code:
    <? phpinfo(); ?>

oh thank you so much......here is the zip file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here it is http://kirupa.digitalcarnival.com/em...php_email.html

Ive not looked at the script or modified or even used it, just uploaded it so you can check.

It's a lot more complicated than that. You're server might not allow mail to be sent, or they might be running a different version of PHP, or have different config settings. Go through and make a mail form in HTML first to be sure that the PHP side is working. Then go into Flash and hook it into the PHP script.

or test my script, im running appache 2, PHP5. and check your php info file.

Here it is http://kirupa.digitalcarnival.com/em...php_email.html

Ive not looked at the script or modified or even used it, just uploaded it so you can check.

sadly, it still doesnt work.....thanks for the helps annyway....im gonna try to find more email forms.

Quote Originally Posted by restlessdesign View Post
    It's a lot more complicated than that. You're server might not allow mail to be sent, or they might be running a different version of PHP, or have different config settings. Go through and make a mail form in HTML first to be sure that the PHP side is working. Then go into Flash and hook it into the PHP script.

im really a newbie with php..but im gonna try what ur suggestion....however, im not really clear with it....u mind elaborating it please...really sorry....im new with php,

as your script doesnt work ill look at it myself

i'm having the same problem. i added this script to the send button after the formloadvariables part and it makes the form work for me.

form.onData = function() {
    nextFrame();
    };
    ...but I can't seem to make it send out the message. I think we might have to do something different because that way yahoo's server works.

Thread Information