Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chess Table

Chess Table

I spent about 2 and half hours making this chess table. I saw somethin like it a few days back at starbucks and thought it was cool, so I made my own.
    It was hard makin cuz I had to invent a way to make a wood texture but I think it came out pretty well, surprisingly.
    So without further doodoo..

that looks awesome 28

thanks jubba

wow the wood texture turned out pretty good! It wild looking

I like when mods give me nice comments.. makes me feel all warm and fuzz-like
    thanks

This would really look good in Swift, you can do a great animation with this stuff, great work, the wood texture is very nice

I really wanna get swift.. I want to get into 3D and that looks like a good place to start.. when I find 100 bucks lyin around I should get it.

If anyone wants to use this for a chess game in flash or something let me know
    haha, sorry, I'm really proud of this peice

how did you make that wood texture?
    Mike
    Linux? Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher.
    times posted with others:162

Originally posted by xxviii
    I really wanna get swift.. I want to get into 3D and that looks like a good place to start.. when I find 100 bucks lyin around I should get it.

If anyone wants to use this for a chess game in flash or something let me know
    haha, sorry, I'm really proud of this peice
    this is odd.. just today i was talking with a classmate about making a chess game.. mind if i use it?

oh.. and did i say it's really looking good?

I made the base color of the wood on a layer. Then I created another layer and fill the entire thing with a medium gray. I then applied a suitable amount of noise. Then I motion blurred it straight up at like 150 or so. Then I sheared it in a zig zag pattern. Then I sheared it with the zig zags going the opposite way. Then I selected the wood layer and inverted the selection and pressed delete. Then I set the grainy texture layer to hard light.

I think thats it at least. Yeah, that should be it.
    I'm gonna write a tutorial on it and put it on my site eventually.

ahmed, yeah, definately use it
    and thanks for the compliment

That is very good. I was going to ask how you made the wood look, but got beaten to it.
    - Kit

thanks kit

very very nice. love it.

Originally posted by xxviii

I like when mods give me nice comments.. makes me feel all warm and fuzz-like
    thanks
    In that case, my comment will make you faint.

It looks mighty swell 28, you did a fine and dandy job on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information