Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash 8 Scroll Text with easing using a slider

Flash 8 Scroll Text with easing using a slider

(the same as on junkerjorg website!)

Does anyone know a good tutorial?

I was following this tutorial quite nicely

http://flash-creations.com/notes/act...scrolltext.php

untill the end where it is clearly missing a large portion of code so you can pay him to get the files. or am i being stupid?

I need to know how to make my slider move only up and down, at the moment you can move it wher you like, and how t actualy get it to controll the text.

here is the code i have so far, scrollbar5 is the name of my scroller descrip5 is the name of the textfield

many thanks in advance

// variable to store height of textfield after text added

var textheight:Number;

// variables for calculating scrollbar/textfield relationships
    // position of scrollbar when at bottom:

var scrollbarbottom:Number = scrollbar5._y + (mask4._height - scrollbar5._height);

// range of scrollbar is from mask._y to scrollbarbottom:
    var scrollbarrange:Number = scrollbarbottom - mask4._y;

// Scrolls descrip5 to follow scrollbar
    function scrollOnMouseMove() {
    this.startDrag(false, this._x, mask4._y, this._x, scrollbarbottom);
    this.onMouseMove = function() {
    descrip5._y = mask4._y - (textheight - mask4._height) * ((this._y-mask4._y) / scrollbarrange);
    }
    }

function stopScrollOnMouseMove() {
    this.stopDrag();
    delete this.onMouseMove;
    }

function init() {
    descrip5.htmlText = "<b>thisisjustsomesmapletextt";
    }
    // in init function:
    descrip5.autoSize = "left";
    // can use same textheight variable calculated for example 4
    scrollbar5.onPress = scrollOnMouseMove;
    scrollbar5.onRelease = scrollbar5.onReleaseOutside = stopScrollOnMouseMove;

init();

Here is the one from the Junker Jorg website. The only thing different is I changed the arrows and dragger on this one while playing around one day. Just edit those to be whatever you'd like and you should be good.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Democracy is Two Wolves and a Lamb Voting on What to have for Lunch. Liberty is a Well-Armed Lamb Contesting the Vote. - Ben Franklin

your a star, many thanks!

@junkerjorg: maybe you should give credits to Claudio?
    http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27214 post #8

scotty

Thanks Claudio
    Democracy is Two Wolves and a Lamb Voting on What to have for Lunch. Liberty is a Well-Armed Lamb Contesting the Vote. - Ben Franklin

cool scroll man

nice n smooth

You can get a nice text scroller from here:http://www.flashguru.co.uk/flash-8-source-files/

You need to download the http://www.ifbin.com/index.php?code=flashguru ifbin app, but the text scroller is free. It's the best free text scroller I have come across. You can turn off the blur pretty easy..

Been looking for this exact thing, thank you! PM'd Claudio with my question but no reply so I'll post it!
    I was wondering how can you make the text box within the MC resize to the amount of text loaded into it, all I'm using this for is a Dynamic Text Box which fetches text from a .txt.

Still can't figure this out, if the text loaded from main.txt doesn't fit inside the text box within the movie clip then it will not resize to become bigger or smaller and either cut off text or else leave a nice black area to scroll to nothingness

I've attatched my eitted version of the scroll, does anyone have any ideas? I tried changing:
    fscommand("allowscale", "false");
    to
    fscommand("allowscale", "true");
    even tried putting that fscommand within the movie clip on the text field, but no go >.<

Anyone?
    Attached Files Attached Files

BUMP *hopes*

what do you i need to do to make them scroll horizontally?

i'm having a trouble to use this scroller.. because i'm using not in the main platform but in other movie clip.. how am i supposed to do~? help me plss~

OMG this is just perfect.

Thank you all guys.
    I had been trying really hard to make this effect.

Help w/ editing the text.

Quote Originally Posted by junkerjorg View Post
    Here is the one from the Junker Jorg website. The only thing different is I changed the arrows and dragger on this one while playing around one day. Just edit those to be whatever you'd like and you should be good.
    I downloaded the .fla file and everything looks great! I love the smooth scrolling feature and the look of it but the text area always says undefined. I'm very new at this program, could you explain how to edit the text?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information