Thread: Microphone

Microphone

Is there a way to get the sound that the Microphone is making and use it in a Sound object or somehow save it someway, or is the only thing you can do is just let it redirect to the speakers?

you mean WITHIN a flash application or just in general?

yes, within a flash application. Im pretty much asking if we can actually retrieve the voice data or not

not that i know of... anyone else?

what you want is AS3

check out
    flash.media.SoundMixer.computeSpectrum();

computeSpectrum &nbsp) method
    public static function computeSpectrum(outputArray:ByteArray, FFTMode:Boolean = false, stretchFactor:int = 0):void

Takes a snapshot of the current sound wave and places it into the specified ByteArray object. The values are formatted as normalized floating-point values, in the range -1.0 to 1.0. The ByteArray object passed to the outputArray parameter is overwritten with the new values. The size of the ByteArray object created is fixed to 512 floating-point values, where the first 256 values represent the left channel, and the second 256 values represent the right channel.
    then read up on

http://www.flashcodersbrighton.org/wordpress/?p=9
    maybe get some insights from there

but as for saving... i'm not sure. not an expert in this field. But as far as i know there's no way to do it? I don't even know how to save text files, let alone sound.
    Last edited by Dazzer; December 5th, 2006 at 11:54 PM.

hi ... there also another problem in as3 with getMicrophone() actuealy it can not work with SoundMixer.computeSpectrum(). it seems we ll have to wait for Flash 9 final release

Thread Information