Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Desperate need of Help with a partial completed PHP script..almost done

Desperate need of Help with a partial completed PHP script..almost done

Hey guys.

Just something simple here.

Here are the following scripts I have for my php scripts.

PHP Code:
    <?

PRINT "<center><FONT SIZE=-1 face=verdana>"; PRINT "$contact_name, thank you for filling out our online quote submission form.";
    PRINT 
    "</center><p><center><TABLE border=0 width=500";
    PRINT 
    "cellspacing=0 cellpadding=7>"; PRINT "<TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1 face=verdana>"; PRINT "Your $quantity quantity of $job_name $job_type job have been submitted to West Coast Graphics.  You should be receiving a confirmation email at $email email address within the next 5 minutes. If you have not received this confirmation email, please contact us at (916) 641-5790.  If you have any other comments, feel free to contact us by phone or by email at [email]quotes@westcoastgraphics.com[/email].
      We appreciate your business with West Coast Graphics as we are always looking to improve our ways to better service your printing needs."
    ;
    PRINT 
    "<br>Thank you,<br>";
    PRINT 
    "West Coast Graphics";
    PRINT 
    "</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE></center>";

mail("$email""Your Request for $job_type quotes""Hello $contact_name,
    \nThank you for submitting a quote through our online submission process.  This email confirms that you have successfully requested a quote for 
    $quantity of $job_name $job_type job.  A West Coast Graphics associate will process your request and fax your quote to $fax.  If this is the wrong fax number, please contact us 916-641-5790.
    \nThank you once again.\nWest Coast Graphics"
    );

mail("quotes@westcoastgraphics.com""Request for $quantity $job_type Quote Online""A request for a quote has been submitted through our online form:
    \n\n\n "
    );
    ?>

Here's my problem. When the emails get sent, the from field comes up as it is from redbarnnetwork.net. How would I edit the From field in PHP?

Desperate need of help. Please? Thank you.

this thread explains it in the 6th post down:

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/sh...threadid=17313

Hello again Jubba. Thanks for the help again. Here's my problem though. I just tried it, but it didn't work. When I get the email after they fill out my online form, the from field comes up as it is from httpd@redbarnnetworks.net. Any ideas or solutions?

you tried adding headers? you have to edit the headers to get the e-mail to say what you want it to say. Your script is too messy for me to edit. so i'll do this:

PHP Code:
    <?
    $to 
    "whatever@whereever.com";
    $subject "subject";
    $message "message";
    $headers "From: YourName <WhateverEmailAddressYouwant>";

mail($to$subject$message$headers);
    ?>
    I don't know what you want it so say so I can't be more specific...

THANK YOU JUBBA!!!!!

Thank you Jubba. Now I know PHP. It's about time. Thank you so much.

Everything works out well.

thank you again.

no problem.

Thread Information