The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Player AS2.0 Class - XML Playlist and Skin

MP3 Player AS2.0 Class - XML Playlist and Skin

Here is an MP3 Player AS2.0 class I made. The idea was to make it very easy to implement in flash, and then to allow the skin and playlists to be editable via XML. Compatible with Flash Player 7 and up.

Critique it, use it, add to it. If you make improvements, please post them here for everyone to use! Feel free to post links to your implementations of the player as well (assuming anyone decides to use it!).

Demo and MX2004 Source - version 1.2

(By the way - the demo skins could be a lot better. Just putting something up there to show.)

**EDIT** 10-27-2006

Version 1.2 - Fixed bug introduced in 1.1: Playhead was not being triggered by play/pause button.

Version 1.1 - Fixes small bug: Player would not automatically go to next track if playOnLaunch was set to "true".

-- Jon
    Last edited by pyrophone; October 27th, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Pretty sweet stuff you got there! I like it.
    My Photography
    Twitter

K-Emmys-06: Best "Newbie"

Woouww very nice !!!

this is only missing the 'album art'

Quote Originally Posted by tonygarcia
    this is only missing the 'album art'
    I built it mainly with integration into websites in mind -- in other words a pretty small physical footprint -- and album art didn't fit into that concept very well.

You could also say it is missing graphic EQ, but again, didn't need it, so didn't build it.

That said, feel free to post any mods or additions! If you want album art or graphic EQ, feel free to add it. (Just name your class something different to avoid confusion!)

pyrophone, that's a very nice player, clean and practical...
    thank you, i'll play with it.

how can i make it where the song AUTOMATICALLY plays when its first starts up?
    none.yet

Quote Originally Posted by pares101
    how can i make it where the song AUTOMATICALLY plays when its first starts up?
    In your settings XML file, set playTrackOnLaunch = "true"

There are a lot of settings in the settings XML file, so read through them carefully - you can choose which controls to use as well, so that in theory you could make a tiny player with only a play/pause and stop button.
    Last edited by pyrophone; September 6th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.

yeah i just did that i guess i overlooked that part! this player rocks!
    none.yet

nicely done, i like it a lot... keep up the good work. i would love to see more of stuff like this on the kirupa forums. maybe a whole section dedicated to classes and such made by the community like at the forums on gotoandlearn.com. More than just source/experiments, a section dedicated to reusable classes and handy tid bits of information.

an off question from the player How do i make it where when a roll over plays that it plays the whole thing even when the person rolls out and goes onto another button than that button starts and vice versa...
    none.yet

Quote Originally Posted by pares101
    an off question from the player How do i make it where when a roll over plays that it plays the whole thing even when the person rolls out and goes onto another button than that button starts and vice versa...
    That would be tricky with this player - not necessarily impossible, but the way the buttons are set up is really not for animated swfs. They are set up more like css rollovers are in html to make it simple to skin the player images: 1 "up" button image and 1 "over" button image. I used 1-frame swfs in my example for their alpha capability, but animated swfs would be hard to control. By the way, you can use jpgs as well as swfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Rouge
    nicely done, i like it a lot... keep up the good work. i would love to see more of stuff like this on the kirupa forums. maybe a whole section dedicated to classes and such made by the community like at the forums on gotoandlearn.com. More than just source/experiments, a section dedicated to reusable classes and handy tid bits of information.
    A good idea...

Glad you like the player!

How do i make the player play the next song when the 1st one is done?
    none.yet

Quote Originally Posted by pares101 View Post
    How do i make the player play the next song when the 1st one is done?
    The player does this automatically. If you are having trouble with it, can you show me a link to your player and xml files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information