Thread: How can I stop the 'looping' and am I ready to upload?

How can I stop the 'looping' and am I ready to upload?

I've finished my site and I'm happy with how it looks (one main SWF and 5 external swf's to match the buttons). I've tested it and it works like a dream.

First question. When I 'test movie', the first external SWF appears but starts looping which I turn off. I then test the buttons and each one works fine. However, will this opening external SWF keep looping once I upload to my website? How can I stop the opening swf from looping?

Second question. Since I am only using Flash for this website, is there anything further that I need to do?

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance...

stop() and think about it for a minute, it's really simple.

I left a clue

member #1 of the "XML-is-a-crutch-to-make-people-feel-elite-club"
    K-Emmys-06: Best Quote K-Emmys-06: Flash Genious

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaJonah
    stop() and think about it for a minute, it's really simple.

I left a clue
    Well I guessed they'd be a stop () somewhere but it's 'the where' that I can't figure out.
    Apologies for being thick!

at the end of the animation, youd have to tell it to stop.

member #1 of the "XML-is-a-crutch-to-make-people-feel-elite-club"
    K-Emmys-06: Best Quote K-Emmys-06: Flash Genious

There is a stop() at the midframe once the annimation ends. As I've said, it works fine except when i go 'test movie' and this opening swf keeps looping.

Could you post us a link to the SWF or FLA?

are u doing stop on the frame or on the animation, you should do i on the frame
    In My Restless Dreams...

Yeah, it is sounding like maybe you forgot the stop() action at the end of the main (_root) timeline.

I've built my website using the concept of transitions between external swf's

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/transitions.htm

I can't see any other reference to stops().

Looping occurs in the absense of a stop() action somewhere.

Can you post your SWF and/or FLA here so we can take a look?

I'm just in the process of organising some webspace and domain name to uplink and then I can post.

Maybe you can explain why is it that if I go Control> Check Movie ....(exporting Flash movie).....and then Control> Loop (uncheck) it stops. What is the purpose of this check/uncheck Loop?

I have no idea what that is for, but you really should not use it. Just learn to control your movies with ActionScript.

That option is there if you have no stop() action on the main timeline.

You can post your SWF and/or FLA here as well. Just attach it.

Guys, I've (or rather you've) cracked it! You were quite correct. I put a stop() on the main timeline where I thought it had to go and magically it did the trick. Sincere apologies for testing your patience. Very much appreciated nonetheless.

No problem. For future use, attach a copy of your FLA in your post for an even faster fix.

Thread Information