The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Firefox... keeps opening new tabs

Firefox... keeps opening new tabs

When I click on a link that goes to a different domain than the site I am on, it opens a new tab... can be very annoying when viewing a site like myspace that has about every other page at a new domain... Anyone know how to turn this off??

Cheers.

COLOURlover | www.COLOURlovers.com
    tw: @bubs

sticky keys on maybe?

shiift + click opens new tabs, so it might be somethign with the shift key

There are tab options in the preferences that control this, and I think an extension which can give you even more control (dont have a link handy)

Don't click links with your scroll wheel. I don't think its defualted to click so there may be something wrong.

Join #kirupa | Click the under my Username | CL | Jeff

The middle-button opens things in a new tab…

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by senocular
    There are tab options in the preferences that control this, and I think an extension which can give you even more control (dont have a link handy)
    'Tab Mix Plus' and 'Tabbed Browser Preferences' are two of them.

I've never experienced this "new domain in a new tab" thing. Perhaps you mean links that open in a new window open in a new tab instead? In which case, yea it can be turned off somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercode
    Hey How do i make a poll i clicked " Post a poll with this thread but how do i make it?

off topic:
    -------------------------

this has nothing to do with the topic. only the person that created the thread can make a poll

"i walk in stride with people much taller than me and partly it's the boots but mostly it's my chi and i'm becoming transfixed with nature and my part in it which i believe just signifies i'm finally waking up "

off topic:
    -------------------------

lunatic: it's been dealt with already.

//

Does it open in new tab or new window? If it's in new window, as it is the default setting, hit about:config in the url bar, then change the value of browser.link.open_newwindow from 2 to 1. If it's in new tab, still in about:config, filter the listing by "tab" and look at the settings that you have.

OWNED

( sorry i just had too )

it opens new tabs. and i am not scroll wheel clicking, shift clicking or anything else... if you click on a link that goes from like kirupa.com to forums.kirupa.com it will open a new tab for the link.

I heard Opera 9 just came out and it's pretty nifty, wink wink nudge nudge.

type
    Code:
    about:config
    In the address bar and filter for browser.tabs - have a look and see if that comes up with anything.
    "60% of the time it works... every time." -- Paul Rudd as Brian Fantana.

Quote Originally Posted by icio
    type
    Code:
    about:config
    In the address bar and filter for browser.tabs - have a look and see if that comes up with anything.
    yeah about 300 results.

Thread Information