Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how about this for a tutorial.

I am not Jubba
    n/a

how about this for a tutorial.

I decided to wait on the clock tutorial. and then I'll just send both together. Within the next few days I'm gonig to write a tutorial to do this...

<embed src="http://www.angelfire.com/dc/vidgame/tutorials/text_test.swf" height=250 width=250></embed>

the final thing will be a lot prettier, but you get the idea. Its done entirely with actionscript and dynamic text. I love Flash

I decided to put the new one back in so everyone can see the progression...

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

Re: how about this for a tutorial.

Wow, that's exceptionally ugly, Jubby, congrats. Are you trying to match my dragoon again ?
    pom 0]

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

I really like the way things are going with tutorials. That's great. I just wrote one, I hope I'll get the TOTW It's under, just draw something. It's done with MX, even though the code is exactly similar to Flash 5.
    pom 0]

kirupa
    n/a

Can't wait pom! Jubba, that would make an excellent tutorial

Cheers,
    Kirupa

I am not Jubba
    n/a

its not ugly anymore!! yay!

<embed src="http://www.angelfire.com/dc/vidgame/tutorials/text_text.swf" height=550 width=560></embed>

what do you think? i got it to do a carraige return and everything. I like it.

I am not Jubba
    n/a

Pom, thats a cool effect.

take a look at this:

www.angelfire.com/dc/vidg...ooyah.html

ahhh, this one is 666 posts....

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

arghh!!

That's so sweet Jubba...

pom 0]

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

Re: arghh!!

I saw you deleted your ugly swf. You shouldn't have, it was fun. I didn't delete my dragoon after all...
    pom 0]

I am not Jubba
    n/a

THere is going to be a delay in those tuts i was going to send you. My computer decided to phuck me up the a$s. I'm probly out for a week or so. talk to you all later. I'll be in and out at random times.

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

Well, it's my host that decided to do what your comp did to you. "Abusive Download", they say. I don't know what that means, nobody ever goes to my site ?!??!! Anyway, I wrote a small tutorial about switch. Pretty basic.
    pom 0]

I am not Jubba
    n/a

wut about switch?

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

When I get on this page, I can't help laughing when I see your first animation. It's really ugly. The second one is much better.
    Well, switch, you know, there's a tute on the first page of this site. switch / case.
    pom 0]

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

hihihi, MX has really amazing new possibilities. I just discovered the button clips. FUN !!!!! Await the tute...

pom 0]

I am not Jubba
    n/a

i need to get MX but I need to wait until i get my good computer back. And I sent both of my tutorials to Kirupa so when you get back from wherever the hell you went you can do them

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

Sure

I will, Jubby. Did you try mine ?

pom 0] , coming back on Thursday...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information