Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: [JOB] Lead Flash Developer, NYC | 75-100k | Relo OK

[JOB] Lead Flash Developer, NYC | 75-100k | Relo OK

[JOB] Lead Flash Developer, NYC | 75-100k | Relo OK

My client is the leader in creating and delivering broadband video applications and services. The technology developed has redefined broadband applications, and they are aggressively pursuing a range of new product and service strategies based on demand from current and future customers.

They provide an exciting growth environment, a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an equity stake in the company.

Tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) candidates are preferred, but candidates interested in relocating to the NY area will also be considered. Relocation assistance will be provided.

Expected Job Duties:

* Extensive experience with creating and deploying Macromedia Flash applications (experience with flash video/Flash communications server a big plus).
    * Advanced knowledge of ActionScript 2.0
    * Experience integrating Flash applications with other client-side and server-side technologies (via XML, Remoting, and/or JavaScript).
    * Knowledge of HTML/DHTML, CSS and JavaScript.
    * Strong team player, with ability to work in a fast changing environment and must be able to adapt working hours according the company’s needs.
    * Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with business users, creative department and support staff.
    * Must be good at debugging and troubleshooting problems.

The following experience is desirable:

* Experience developing digital media solutions, using technologies such as Windows Media and Real Media.
    * Knowledge of XML/XSLTs.
    * Knowledge of Flash Communication Server Programming (videoconferencing, chat, etc).

If you are interested in this position and are a US Citizen/resident, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a paragraph (or two) highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains to this job to beau@open-source-staffing.com

off topic:
    -------------------------

hey OSS, when are gonna start posting posistions that don't say "If you are interested in this position and are a US Citizen/resident"?
    You've got all these premuim fulltime gigs but they're only in the states, if you ever get a client looking for Canadians, send me a PM

member #1 of the "XML-is-a-crutch-to-make-people-feel-elite-club"
    K-Emmys-06: Best Quote K-Emmys-06: Flash Genious

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Defective

off topic:

hey OSS, when are gonna start posting posistions that don't say "If you are interested in this position and are a US Citizen/resident"?
    You've got all these premuim fulltime gigs but they're only in the states, if you ever get a client looking for Canadians, send me a PM

What can I tell you. I only seek clients and candidates from the states b/c that's where I'm from and that's where I conduct my biz.

off topic:

Makes sense

Thread Information