Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: AS Gallery Battle

Quote Originally Posted by senocular
    I will investigate...

What URL are you using?
    ok, I think I got it now (I havent been using the docs including the mx framework so I never noticed this).

Quote Originally Posted by senocular
    I will investigate...

What URL are you using?
    Are you wanting this?
    http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/...ge-detail.html

On second look, I just don't think they've gotten that far in the documentation yet.
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

That's likely it, think they've got hundreds and hundreds of functions, operators, statements, and variables to document, it's going to take them a while.
    COLOURlovers | Member #2 of the kirupa XBox 360 Club
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian
    Are you wanting this?

On second look, I just don't think they've gotten that far in the documentation yet.
    Right, don't worry about this now. The current live versions are incomplete. They will be updated when Flex 2 is released (which shouldn't be too far away).

Re: the whole AS3/FP9 debate - I think it is a smashing idea to try and do some programming in AS3! As sen said, sooner or later you will have to learn it - there is nothing at all wrong with experimenting in a new language, in some ways you might not be able to do as well in a challenge as you are learning a new language, but something like this is def. the best time to try it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian
    Are you wanting this?

Hmm, I've been using this, which is even more out of date:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex/langref/
    “Who were you, Krilnon, and how did you know so much about AS4?”
    The historian sighed as she gazed up at the sky and saw… not stars. A story.

I like to stay at the current Flash authoring environment. Once Flash 9 itself comes out, I'll start learning AS3, and you ppl will be a couple steps ahead of me, but most people only have FP8 or in some cases only FP7, out of a ten million people only 1 may have FP9. THerefore the target audience for an FP9 application in quite limited. Now that I've made my point can we plz get back on topic to the actual gallery battle?
    COLOURlovers | Member #2 of the kirupa XBox 360 Club
    "I think most people would agree that your computer breaking is a Christmas miracle." ~shane-c to Timmytots

Quote Originally Posted by Esherido
    I like to stay at the current Flash authoring environment. Once Flash 9 itself comes out, I'll start learning AS3, and you ppl will be a couple steps ahead of me, but most people only have FP8 or in some cases only FP7, out of a ten million people only 1 may have FP9. THerefore the target audience for an FP9 application in quite limited. Now that I've made my point can we plz get back on topic to the actual gallery battle?
    But Flash is not the only application that makes SWFs. Flex makes them too and Flex 2 creates Flash 9 SWFs using AS3. And guess what? Its only a matter of days before Flex is released. And you know what else? Adobe already mentioned that they will have a beta version of Flash available on labs before the official release and I can imagine that a lot of people will be getting into AS3 then - not to mention the 3rd party applications that are popping up supporting AS3 - and not even AS3, just VM2 (Flash 9 virtual machine for AS3 machine code). For example, Keith Peters (bit-101) is working on a project called Brevity which is to ActionScript 3 what Processing is to Java. As you can guess, that will be using Flash Player 9.

That's fine that you want to stick with 8, but complaining about people keeping up with whats new and upcoming doesn't help anyone.

But we shall stick to the gallery battle

Deadline is today isnt it!!

Are you going to make a new poll with all the entries?

The deadline is in fact today. At the end of the day today (or beginning tomorrow) I will make a poll with the entries received so far. When that poll goes up and you don't see your entry, let me know ASAP so it can be put in there before people start voting (note: posting your entry near the end of the day in this thread will make it easier for me to recognize it; it might also might make it easier if you have an HTML page somewhere online displaying your movie so I can just link to that).

Remember to post your SWF and source

Alright, My entry is progessing well . I can't guarantee that it will be done today, but it will be done by tomorrow morning. (12:51-2:00?) Who knows, it may be done tonight; I just hate making estimates on time, because they turn out to never be right

btw: Sen, I finally got FP9 working in IE, and I must say your gallery is quite impressive! I absolutely love the helix!
    Last edited by freeskier89; June 21st, 2006 at 10:09 PM.

freeskier, deadlne is today, hope yer workin hard. No entried will be allowed past the closing date. Otherwise i would have kept working on mine.

member #1 of the "XML-is-a-crutch-to-make-people-feel-elite-club"
    K-Emmys-06: Best Quote K-Emmys-06: Flash Genious

I got three hours to pull this together eh? Well I'm almost done, should have it up by 12 mountain.
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

I should have it done by 12 mountain also. . If not I will go down about a mile and be in arizona where it is now 8:31 instead of 9:31. JK.

I am almost done

Close enough: http://www.reclipse.net/asbattle/KrilGallery.html

Edit: Here is the source: http://www.reclipse.net/asbattle/KrilGallery.as

Edit2: XML File: http://www.reclipse.net/asbattle/images.xml

You need to have Flash Player 9 to view this…

Edit3: Updated to fix bugs since the deadline was extended.
    Last edited by Krilnon; June 22nd, 2006 at 04:40 PM.
    “Who were you, Krilnon, and how did you know so much about AS4?”
    The historian sighed as she gazed up at the sky and saw… not stars. A story.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information