The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Flash object

Flash object

I'm having some troubles with the flash object. It works fine in most modern browsers but my swf doesn't appear in IE 6.0.2800.1106 on WIN2K

I couldn't test it on that many browsers, so it's possible it doesn't work on some other browsers as well.

It's probably just a configuration issue. Any idea what I have to do to make it work?
    Last edited by semtex; April 12th, 2006 at 09:14 AM.

looks fine to me, I'm on a Mac and it worked on Safari and FF, it worked in IE5.2 but your positioning was way off... which is ok cause most Mac users don't use IE. MMmmmmmm love the deconcept embedding
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Try the latest version of UFO to embed your flash that looks like an old script your using...... http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/ufo/ (its at v3 now)

MMmmmmmm love the deconcept embedding
    eh!

Quote Originally Posted by ramie
    eh!
    http://blog.deconcept.com/flashobject/
    Works much better than the Satay method. Never seen the solution you posted... but it looks like he ripped the deconcept or vice versa, but the deconcept one has been around for a couple yrs.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

ahhh ok I should have known what you were on about lol, for some stupid reason I thought you ment something else, it was a long day yesterday

Yea they both look very similar, dunno if they are rips tho as they are opensource, havent used the deconcept method, but I will be giving it a go to see if its any better than UFO, which is excellent btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ramie
    ahhh ok I should have known what you were on about lol, for some stupid reason I thought you ment something else, it was a long day yesterday

Yea they both look very similar, dunno if they are rips tho as they are opensource, havent used the deconcept method, but I will be giving it a go to see if its any better than UFO, which is excellent btw.
    They both do the same thing it looks like to me... I just used the UFO "method" and it's seemingly the same.... either way they're both lovely

How do I you use UFO to embed multiple swfs in a single html file?

Code:
    var FO = { movie:"test6.swf", width:"300", height:"120", majorversion:"6", build:"0" };
    UFO.create(FO, "ufoDemo");

var FO2 = { movie:"home-header2.swf", width:"500", height:"350", majorversion:"7", build:"0" };
    UFO.create(FO2, "ufoDemo2");
    Last edited by tommylynn; April 20th, 2006 at 02:46 PM.

Thread Information