The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Open New PopUp with MX swf fully centre

Open New PopUp with MX swf fully centre

Hi
    I have an index html page with language choice, logo and usual get flash and copyright stuff. On Enter I want to open a pop up with the Flash content.

I can actually do most of it but on various browsers I get different results so I guess the java script recicled from old works is not up to scratch. For example on IE on Mac =SX the width is ok but the lenght goes all the way down. Help!!!

The swf is 1024x768. Ideally I would love it to be scalable (but without the browser handlers)
    I have read somewhere that people use a small string in the first frame of flash, something like Stage Mode? But i didnt get it.

I really apreciate some help. This is my first job ever in flash and I have learnt heaps also thanks to your tutorials and posts.
    Thanx

"i walk in stride with people much taller than me and partly it's the boots but mostly it's my chi and i'm becoming transfixed with nature and my part in it which i believe just signifies i'm finally waking up "

Any more ideas?

Sorry I cannot use that for 2 reasons
    1) The botton enter is not in flash, just in html document
    2) that script only centers the page if no any other window was opened before hand

Any other suggestions???
    Last edited by feeverte; March 30th, 2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: things change

Quote Originally Posted by feeverte
    I just discovered you are a l...a...d...y sssshsttttt

That script does open html. Actually I think it will open up whatever you specify in the address part.

As for the detection script there are tons of examples / tutorials out there. Have you searched kirupa.com to start?
    http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/detection.htm

"i walk in stride with people much taller than me and partly it's the boots but mostly it's my chi and i'm becoming transfixed with nature and my part in it which i believe just signifies i'm finally waking up "

Oops, I misread your last post. Sorry - it's 7:30 a.m. here and I just got into work.

Have you searched?

Not to worry
    Yes I have searched for hours and made tons of test, but nothing quite right yet. I start feeling a bit stupid today

For the detection I am about to go and check the tutorial.

Latest
    Great, as always kirupa helped. Got the detection in place.

Still..is it really so difficult to centre a pop up nowdays? :-(
    Last edited by feeverte; March 30th, 2006 at 11:49 AM.

Seems to me you'll need javascript to do it straight from html. I'm sure you can google it?

http://javascript.internet.com/navig...red-popup.html
    http://javascript.internet.com/gener...up-window.html
    http://www.smileycat.com/miaow/archives/000122.html

etc . . .

That middle one looks pretty cool actually.

Sure thing I googled like it was going out of fashion...most def going to check your find tho...
    Will be back...have a good day at work...

Thread Information