Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: HTML email newsletter

HTML email newsletter

I'm about to create an html newsletter for a client.. I'm assuming it's as simple as making it and sending it... am I right? Are there any issues i need to be aware of like different email clients? Cheers peeps.

<"))))><

I don't think so

Yeh, there are a few things you should consider.

Remembering that this will be viewed, most likely, in the preview pane you need to make sure it's no wider than about 650px, so it doesn't scroll sideways.

Link all of the pictures to somewhere online, no one wants to have all of the images attached to the email, clogging their system.

Keep it simple. The more complicated you make it, the harder it's going to be on you to make sure it's compatible.

Other than that, it's fairly straightforward.

Sorry about the noobie hijacking here...

This is something I want to do also...is it as simple as creating it in Dreamweaver and pasting into your email client? Or do I need specific email software?

Cheers,

Not all email clients support sending html email. If you have outlook, that should. Also not all users will have email clients that support html emails and or they may have that setting turned off. So it's best to make a plain text version of the same email as well.

great. Good answer. Cheers!

Thread Information