The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: css or tables/frames - OPINIONS PLEASE

css or tables/frames - OPINIONS PLEASE

i'm taking a break from flash and starting a bunch of new projects. I don't know whether i should go with tables and frames or css. do any of you have any opinions, big or small?

A combination of XHTML & CSS.

Frames are evil and considered spawn of the devil. I actually heard that they've run away to get eloped with Scenes from Flash. .... interesting...

~Lacuna
    - --

What's a footer?

- --

iframes rock when your feeling lazy - ^ ha he he

I'm guessing it's easier to change layout with css once your site is finished but it takes more time to set up.

If I were going with a database & lots of php I'd rather use CSS and no tables to keep pages as clean as possible (ie only use tables were you need to display rows of data)

so if you use table and frames you wouldn't use any CSS?
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Thread Information