Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: client updating

client updating

I'm making a basic html website for a client, that's the easy part. The hard part is that they would preferably like to be able to update the website themselves. What's the easiest way of going about this? I don't really want to get stuck into PHP if I can avoid it.

thanks.

well, if you really want to avoid a php-based CMS, you could look into doing a few things:
    1) use iframes
    2) teach the client basic html

it's going to be easier if they are only going to change text. once they start changing photos, etc. it gets more complicated.

Just make some text files, parse them with Textile, and then publish dynamically. It'll just take about line of php.

Allow them to edit the files, of course.

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

Thread Information