The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: VB 2005 Express URGENT!

VB 2005 Express URGENT!

Im new with Visual Basic and I have dowloaded the 2005 Express edition from Microsoft's web page. Now I'm doing some tutorials and im stuck in one . It says that to resize a textBox according to the Form size I should use this code: txtPad.Move 0, 0, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight... howeeever, in the version I have that code presents syntax errors, for example not recognising ScaleWidth. I think this may be because the tutorial is not intended for version 2005. So, I ask for help to those who know about this and can help me with this. The code goes with a Form_resize event... Thx in advance!
    VIVA EL PERÚ CARAJO!
    www.peru.com

the only thing i can think of is that VB did away w/ callin functions/subs like that. You now need parenthesis around your variables ...

Code:
    txtPad.Move(0,0,ScaleWidth,ScaleHeight)
    Other than that make sure that those variables are getting set.
    PHP Code:
    <zip> echo this; </zip

Quote Originally Posted by antizip
    the only thing i can think of is that VB did away w/ callin functions/subs like that. You now need parenthesis around your variables ...

Code:
    txtPad.Move(0,0,ScaleWidth,ScaleHeight)
    Other than that make sure that those variables are getting set.
    Yeh that should cure his problem, I don't use VB but that looks right.

Actually it isn't, I fixed it out. Now in version 2005 Move isnt used, scaleheight and width are used either . Now getBounds is used and there it a new option in the properties panels that does what I want. THX!
    VIVA EL PERÚ CARAJO!
    www.peru.com

Thread Information