Thread: Scrolling Text Boxes...like this..

Scrolling Text Boxes...like this..

Hey all...I'm starting to learn dreamweaver...I know that basic cheap ways of getting around things, using background images etc and slicing. What I don't know much of is how to do things like on this site http://www.zeejustin.com

How do they get those scrolling text boxes? Can someone help me or direct me to a tutorial? A file to look at would be better yet! Thanks.

View source will be your best friend. That site uses a div with special overflow options edited with css. If you google CSS Scrolling Div I bet ya find all kinds of tutorials

You can apply CSS style to it. Here is an example. Try it out by pasting the whole code in a new HTML document. See how it goes. Analyse the structure and suit it with your web requirements.
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    <span style="overflow:auto;height: 100px; width:100px;">
    The contents of the text which you want to be in the scroll box. This one can be adjusted accordingly. Set the width to how wide you want it to be and set the height to how tall you want it to be. You can set about anything for this box. Try it out.
    </span>
    </body>
    </html>

Thread Information