The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Transparent flash in Firefox

Transparent flash in Firefox

Hi!

I'm working on a website, you can see it here: http://www.add-digital.com.br/lione

You can see I made some flash animations, and if you see it in Internet Explorer you can see that the flash animations are transparent, and the HTML background is behind them.

The problem is that this command:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

does not work in Firefox. The flash animations appear without transparency. Does anyone knows if it CAN appear with tranparency in Firefox?

Very thanks

Alexandre

when you use <embed src="name.swf" ... add wmode="transparent"
    HTML Code:
    <embed src="name.swf" wmode="transparent" width="100" height="100" ... ></embed>
    PHP Code:
    <zip> echo this; </zip

Very thanks!

I am having the same problem but i have already used this code means <embed src"myswf.swf" wmode="transparent"> or you can just have a look http://www.BuzzDrivers.com

Works fine for me, sheoran.
    "60% of the time it works... every time." -- Paul Rudd as Brian Fantana.

I was having this problem as well, it's a simple fix. When you publish from flash it creates this code:

HTML Code:
    <object id="FlashID" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="868" height="700">

<param name="movie" value="lookbookfinal.swf" />
        <param name="quality" value="high" />
        <param name="swfversion" value="9.0.45.0" />
        <!-- This param tag prompts users with Flash Player 6.0 r65 and higher to download the latest version of Flash Player. Delete it if you don’t want users to see the prompt. -->
        <param name="expressinstall" value="Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
        <!-- Next object tag is for non-IE browsers. So hide it from IE using IECC. -->
        <!--[if !IE]>-->
        <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="lookbookfinal.swf" width="868" height="700">
          <!--<![endif]-->
          <param name="quality" value="high" />
          <param name="swfversion" value="9.0.45.0" />
          <param name="expressinstall" value="Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
          <!-- The browser displays the following alternative content for users with Flash Player 6.0 and older. -->
          <div>

in dreamweaver if you change the window mode using the properties panel it only changes the wmode for the first param tag. Just go into the code and change the wmode for the second tag to transparent and it will work in Firefox.

PS- I am a lowly newb, not a superhuman transpersonalist web design uber genius, so if I have used the wrong language to describe the solution, or made some other grave error, please forgive me, and turn your ray guns on tickle.

My ray gun doesn't go lower than "A Good Beating"...

WAcreative // Founder
    :: K-Team Non-Affiliated Cult Member 19 // Dr. Eternal Comatose Pillow Biter ::

Thread Information