Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Change PopUp's Title in JavaScript

Change PopUp's Title in JavaScript

I'm using this script to open another page in popup:
    Code:
    function popUp1(page) {
    fineline=eval("window.open('"+page+"','fineline','toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,status=0,menubars=0,resizable=0,width=442,height=275')")
    width=(screen.width/2)-400
    height=(screen.height/2)-300
    fineline.window.moveTo(width,height)
    }
    When popup opens the title shows address. How to change title?

umm..you should have a seperate html file for the pop up. if you do, then just alter the title in the normal way with the <title></title> tag in the head section.

'Disk 1 of 1.' That means there's another one around here somewhere.

Yes, but this works in FireFox, but IE shows path/address of that HTML file and than the title.

i guess thats explorer for you and microsofts apparent ignorance to html standards and wanting to be different to annoy everyone everywhere.
    'Disk 1 of 1.' That means there's another one around here somewhere.

Thread Information