Thread: [Smily Entry 2] - NodeDraw 2

[Smily Entry 2] - NodeDraw 2

Here's the second version of NodeDraw. You can draw now (as I said in NodeDraw 1) using SHIFT. The little thumbnail on the top left indicates what will be visible and connected. I suggest you don't draw much on it, as every white pixel is treated as a node and will be connected to other white pixels. When you are finished with the drawing, press SPACE and wait for a few seconds/minutes. The time that takes it to process GREATLY depends on the amount of white pixels. Refresh to make a new one and you would probably need to click in it once, to gain focus.

WARNING: This flash file is EXTREMELY cpu heavy. I'm not taking the responsibility of your computer crashing/freezing. It's even more heavy on the cpu than the last one, so please, use with care.

ActionScript Code:
    var bitmap:flash.display.BitmapData = new flash.display.BitmapData(800, 600, true, 0x000000);
    var grid:flash.display.BitmapData = new flash.display.BitmapData(40, 30, false, 0x000000);
    var b:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("b", _root.getNextHighestDepth());
    var c:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("c", _root.getNextHighestDepth());
    var l:MovieClip = c.createEmptyMovieClip("l", c.getNextHighestDepth());
    b.attachBitmap(bitmap, b.getNextHighestDepth());
    var b:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("t", _root.getNextHighestDepth());
    t.attachBitmap(grid, t.getNextHighestDepth());
    var iy = 0;
    getInt = setInterval(getInfo, 1);
    function drawOne() {
    for (var ix = 0; ix<grid.width; ix++) {
    for (var i = 0; i<grid.width*grid.height; i++) {
    var cond = ((grid.getPixel(Math.floor(i%grid.width), Math.floor(i/grid.width)) == 0xFFFFFF) && (grid.getPixel(ix, iy) == 0xFFFFFF)) ? c.l.clear() : 1;
    cond = cond == 1 ? 1 : c.l.lineStyle(1, 0xFFFFFF*i/(grid.width*grid.height), 40/Math.sqrt(Math.pow(Math.floor(i%grid.width)-ix, 2)+Math.pow(Math.floor(i/grid.width)-iy, 2)));
    cond = cond == 1 ? 1 : c.l.moveTo(Math.floor(i%grid.width)*20, Math.floor(i/grid.width)*20);
    cond = cond == 1 ? 1 : c.l.lineTo(ix*20, iy*20);
    cond = cond == 1 ? 1 : bitmap.draw(c);
    }
    }
    iy++;
    if (iy>grid.height) {
    clearInterval(drawInt);
    }
    }
    function getInfo() {
    var cond = Key.isDown(Key.SHIFT) ? grid.setPixel(Math.floor(_root._xmouse/20), Math.floor(_root._ymouse/20), 0xFFFFFF) : null;
    cond = Key.isDown(Key.SPACE) ? "Run it!" : null;
    cond == "Run it!" ? clearInterval(getInt) : "Run it!";
    cond == "Run it!" ? drawInt=setInterval(drawOne, 1) : null;
    }
    Mouse.addListener(ml);

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

that's great!

I don't see anything…

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

lol.... read the instructions

member #1 of the "XML-is-a-crutch-to-make-people-feel-elite-club"
    K-Emmys-06: Best Quote K-Emmys-06: Flash Genious

Err… it still doesn't work.

Why is it so slow? Lol...

For those who it's not working for, hold shift, draw some lines, then press space... then wait like 30 seconds... haha
    I created Trainyard and now I'm making more awful games.

Ha. It works fine on this machine. I was on my dad's notebook earlier.

ery intensive, but the effect is super sweet!!! i love this entry! but the drawing came out after, like, 10 seconds...

Thanks for comments! The slow speed is partly because of compressed code and partly because it loops through all-the-pixels^2 because it has to compare each white pixel with each other white pixel.

Thread Information