The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: particle engine 2 - starShip

particle engine 2 - starShip

and another entry by NiñoScript, Hooray!

CONTROLS:

_root._ymouse = affects the speed of the spaceShip;

Key.SPACE = creates a hi gravity point in the middle of the universe (aka blackhole), atracting the stars to it, but in this fake world, stars can scape that atraction after some fighting.[/size]

i hope you like it

edit:
    it looks weird when i see it in my browser, maybe becouse of the "noScale", dunno... if u want it to look like it should, just make a new document in flash and paste my code

another edit:
    ok, i removed the "noScale" to add it to the forum, now it works ok
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NiñoScript; January 20th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

CODE 'TILL NOW:

Code:
    Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";
    //1
    //{speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50}
    starArray = [{speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50}];
    //2
    function drawStar(p) {
    	_root.change({func:"moveTo", value:[p.p.x-p.old.x*2, p.p.y-p.old.y*2]}).change({func:"lineTo", value:[p.p.x, p.p.y]});
    	//3
    }
    Object.prototype.change = function(what:Object, who) {
    	/*
    	.change({property:"", value:})
    	or
    	.change({func:"", value:[]})
    	*/
    	what.func == undefined ? this[what.property]=what.value : this[what.func](what.value[0], what.value[1]);
    	//4
    	return !who ? this : who;
    	//5
    };
    function moveStar(p, i) {
    	p.speed.change({property:"x", value:p.speed.x+Math.cos(Math.atan2(p.y-Stage.height/2, p.x-Stage.width/2))*speed/100}).change({property:"y", value:p.speed.y+Math.sin(Math.atan2(p.y-Stage.height/2, p.x-Stage.width/2))*speed/100}, p).change({property:"oldx", value:p.x}).change({property:"oldy", value:p.y}).change({property:"x", value:p.x>Stage.width+20 or p.x<-20 ? starArray[i]={speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50} : p.x+p.speed.x}).change({property:"y", value:p.y>Stage.height+20 or p.y<-20 ? starArray[i]={speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50} : p.y+p.speed.y});
    	//6
    	return {old:{x:p.x-p.oldx, y:p.y-p.oldy}, p:p};
    	//7
    }
    onEnterFrame = function () {
    	speed = Key.isDown(Key.SPACE) ? -150 : _ymouse;
    	//8
    	starArray.length<30 ? starArray.push({speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50}) : null;
    	//9
    	_root.change({func:"clear", value:null}).change({func:"lineStyle", value:[0]});
    	for (var i = 0; i<starArray.length; i++) {
    		//10
    		drawStar(moveStar(starArray[i], i));
    		//11
    	}
    };

i'm definitely liking this! nice one, ninoscript!

nifty
    Member #2 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club.

now it reacts to the FPS, and the number of lines hasn't changed

that means that in each computer, the number of stars will adapt so the FramesPerSecond dont go down from 36 app

Code:
    var fps = {variable:0, fps:100, constant:36, starArray:[{speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50}]};
    //1
    function drawStar(p) {
    	_root.change({func:"moveTo", value:[p.p.x-p.old.x*2, p.p.y-p.old.y*2]}).change({func:"lineTo", value:[p.p.x, p.p.y]});
    	//2
    }
    Object.prototype.change = function(what:Object, who) {
    	/*
    	.change({property:"", value:})
    	or
    	.change({func:"", value:[]})
    	*/
    	what.func == undefined ? this[what.property]=what.value : this[what.func](what.value[0], what.value[1]);
    	//3
    	return !who ? this : who;
    	//4
    };
    function moveStar(p, i) {
    	p.speed.change({property:"x", value:p.speed.x+Math.cos(Math.atan2(p.y-Stage.height/2, p.x-Stage.width/2))*speed/100}).change({property:"y", value:p.speed.y+Math.sin(Math.atan2(p.y-Stage.height/2, p.x-Stage.width/2))*speed/100}, p).change({property:"oldx", value:p.x}).change({property:"oldy", value:p.y}).change({property:"x", value:p.x>Stage.width+20 or p.x<-20 ? (fps.fps<fps.constant*2/3 ? (fps.starArray.splice(i, 1), fps.fps += 2) : (fps.starArray[i]={speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50})) : p.x+p.speed.x}).change({property:"y", value:p.y>Stage.height+20 or p.y<-20 ? (fps.fps<fps.constant*2/3 ? (fps.starArray.splice(i, 1), fps.fps += 2) : (fps.starArray[i]={speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50})) : p.y+p.speed.y});
    	//5
    	return {old:{x:p.x-p.oldx, y:p.y-p.oldy}, p:p};
    	//6
    }
    onEnterFrame = function () {
    	fps.fps>fps.constant ? fps.starArray.push({speed:{x:0, y:0}, x:Stage.width/2-random(100)+50, y:Stage.height/2-random(100)+50}) : null;
    	//7
    	fps.change({property:"variable", value:fps.variable+1}, _root).change({property:"speed", value:Key.isDown(Key.SPACE) ? -150 : _ymouse}).change({func:"clear", value:null}).change({func:"lineStyle", value:[0]});
    	//8
    	for (var i = 0; i<fps.starArray.length; i++) {
    		//9
    		drawStar(moveStar(fps.starArray[i], i));
    		//10
    	}
    };
    setInterval(function () {
    	fps.change({property:"fps", value:fps.variable}).change({property:"variable", value:0});
    	//11
    }, 1000);
    //12?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NiñoScript; January 20th, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Nice!

Mines looks better..

http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205315

we used similar concept..

What? My english sucks... well I know that... sorry..

im a copycat,

but, only mine makes you feel like if you were goin' fast

edit: only mine has a black hole in the middle of the universe too
    Last edited by NiñoScript; January 21st, 2006 at 11:03 AM.

bah..

its all for fun for me anywhay..

do your best and good luck..!
    What? My english sucks... well I know that... sorry..

this two have nothing in common
    one is profesional
    but why do you have so many vertical and horizontal lines on upper and right edge of SWF file?

Quote Originally Posted by gvozden
    why do you have so many vertical and horizontal lines on upper and right edge of SWF file?
    i don't know... that's a bug
    Quote Originally Posted by gvozden
    one is profesional
    which one?

wow... nice one.. i dont even know how to use prototype! can some one teach me!!!???

of course, i can
    just pm me

Robot1

Quote Originally Posted by gvozden View Post
    one is profesional
    but why do you have so many vertical and horizontal lines on upper and right edge of SWF file?
    btw... almost 2 years later, i still would like to know which one is the proffesional one

Thread Information