Thread: Wow its so hard to find fonts used in this poster..

Wow its so hard to find fonts used in this poster..

As in all the fonts.. i noe there's a font checker, but still its pretty hard.. can anyone help me? http://www.built-d.com/pearlharborii...res_poster.jpg

I don't know about the pearl harbor font but I'm sure you could make do with any of a dozen other serif fonts

The top one looks like a modified folio bold condensed BT in the image below I simply set the tracking to -10 and added some stroke.

The bottom font can be achieved with Executive (free font - I think I got it from 1001fonts.com) by simply converting the type to outlines and offsetting the paths negatively.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This can't be serious.

what do you mean onehunki?

The Pearl Harbor font:
    1. URW Palladio T Bold
    2. Palatino Linotype Bold
    3. Palatino Linotype Bold
    4. URW Palladio T Medium
    5. Zapf Calligraphic 801 Bold

That was found using this 'font checker' and it was very easy, by the way:
    http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nikaosky
    what do you mean onehunki?
    He means that the fonts are so retardedly easy to recognize, or replacable that he didn't even try. The top font is clearly Impact, no questions asked. The second serif font, is something easy like Book Antique or Book Antiqua, hell just use Times New Roman, or Georgia. And the bottom credit font can be replaced a free font called Movie Poster or something like that... go to www.dafont.com and search for "movie". And while I don't know the crappy chicken scratched font... if you goto dafont there is a section called eroded you'll surely find that crap in there.

I don't normally respond to these posts with answers, but I didn't want to waste anyone else's time.
    Last edited by simplistik; January 9th, 2006 at 10:04 AM.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

I thought he was talking about the subject of the poster.
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

Quote Originally Posted by simplistik
    He means that the fonts are so retardedly easy to recognize, or replacable that he didn't even try. The top font is clearly Impact, no questions asked. The second serif font, is something easy like Book Antique or Book Antiqua, hell just use Times New Roman, or Georgia. And the bottom credit font can be replaced a free font called Movie Poster or something like that... go to www.dafont.com and search for "movie". And while I don't know the crappy chicken scratched font... if you goto dafont there is a section called eroded you'll surely find that crap in there.

I don't normally respond to these posts with answers, but I didn't want to waste anyone else's time.
    Yea, this morning I was browsing through my fonts for a logo I'm working on and when I saw impact font I thought of this thread. Even still Folio would work fine :wink: lol

I know this was an easy question that inspire could've found the answers to but I just happened to be working in Illustrator and I thought I recognized the fonts so I took 90 seconds and helped the guy out.

Is that so hard to believe onemhunki?

Thread Information