The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Pasteboard size in InDesign

Pasteboard size in InDesign

Hey,

so whats up with the pasteboard size in inDesign? I've searched the web and the inDesign help, but I can only find out how to cange the vertical size of the pasteboard. I need to change the horizontal size! The "<------->" size...

I know it's possible, cus I've seen documents where it's bigger. This is getting really annoying!

Please, someone, for the love of "i dare not say religious words cus they'll ban me" help me!!
    Most people would agree that the lobster, especially the singing and dancing kind, is, in fact, a very funny animal.

Ermm.... File>Document Setup
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by simplistik
    Ermm.... File>Document Setup
    I DID at least check that menu before i posted! No, you cant adjust the pastebord at 'File>Document Setup', only bleed options. And I've also found a menu where you can change the vertical size of the pasteboard - but not for the horizontal.

Btw, pasteboard = The white space on either side of the document used for placing craphics, text etc. while working. The pasteboard will not print.
    Most people would agree that the lobster, especially the singing and dancing kind, is, in fact, a very funny animal.

Ah... well that's ez.

Goto doc setup and make the doc size as large as you need it.
    Take the rect. frame tool and make it the size of your entire pasteboard.
    Go back to doc setup and revert your doc size back to the size you actually want it.

Your pasteboard will be locked cause of the frame. Now you can delete the frame, or keep it... doesn't matter really since it's locked perma now.

Sorry didn't read your first post accurately enough.
    Last edited by simplistik; October 13th, 2005 at 03:59 PM.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Ok, you have no idea how long I've been trying to find that out. THANK YOU! It worked perfectly

I can't wait to tell my colleges at work

Eherm... ok with you that I take full credit?

Quote Originally Posted by slumgutt
    Eherm... ok with you that I take full credit?
    of course it is.

Thread Information