Thread: Viewing issues in IE and Firefox

Viewing issues in IE and Firefox

Hi everyone,
    I am having trouble with viewing my flash files in IE and Forefox. They swfs become pixelated. Has anyone had a similar problem before? Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Joe

are your files embeded in an html file or are you just opening your swf from IE/Firefox?

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal
    are your files embeded in an html file or are you just opening your swf from IE/Firefox?
    They are embedded in an html doc. Here is the code for the file:

HTML Code:
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="475" height="175">
      <param name="movie" value="cancer_event.swf">
      <param name="quality" value="high">
      <embed src="cancer_event.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="475" height="175"></embed>
    </object>

I don't see what the problem could be, check your publish settings and make sure that everything is set to High.

Is absolutly everything pixelated or just images?

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal
    I don't see what the problem could be, check your publish settings and make sure that everything is set to High.

Is absolutly everything pixelated or just images?
    Everything is pixelated. It looks as though the size is being forced, but I checked that and it isn't.

well try publishing the html file with flash if you haven't already done so. The only problem I can see is either it's been published with low quality (doesn't seem the case since you checked) or that it hasn't been embeded properly and the size is being forced like you said.

I'm honestly at a loss, I suggest that you double check everything, it may sound stupid but if sometimes overlooking tiny mistakes canbe the source of your problem.

Could you post a link?

You may want to ensure that you have your HTML export settings set correctly. Scaling, movie size, etc. If you have something changed it will change the size of your movie.

You should then check to see if you are using an HTML file with the SWF "placed" into it. If you are, check the settings as these may differ from the actual "exported HTML" from Flash.

I hope that made sense. Basically the same thing kritikal said.

Thread Information