Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Vector Artists.

Calling all Vector Artists.

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know I run an online clothing company called Take it Back Clothing. Since our launch about a month ago we have been receiving some great feedback and some respectable sales. Now one of the main goals of our company is to incorporate designers worldwide, and that is why I am here today .

We are still a very small company, but have made the decision to expand our clothing line. We are going to be segmenting our shirts into "Street Shirts", "DJ/Music Shirt", and "Female Tee's". We will be adding 1 street shirt (which we have already selected from Rob Hare), 2 DJ shirts, and 2 female shirts.

When I first thought of expanding our line I immediately thought of the designers that come to Kirupa. Since I have been posting here I have seen some incredible talent in all aspects of design, so I thought this was the perfect place to begin my search.

Take it Back clothing is offering $30US, A feature on our website (this section will be made with the launch of the new line), The shirt you designed for free, and the chance to be contracted out for our future clothing items. I know this doesn't sound like much right now, but like I said before we are in the middle of expanding our line, and if we like your work we can offer you a lot more down the road. Hopefully we can help further your design career as well as ours.

If you are not female, or don’t have use for a female tee, we will give you one of our already existing products for that aspect of the prize.

Now, what we need: Take it Back Clothing has come here to look for TWO FEMALE TEE DESIGNS. There are really no restrictions, just that the designs you make must be in vector. We would like to keep the colors to 5 and under, but if need be we can up the amount.

Submitting:
    To submit your work you can attach a preview of your work to mark@takeitbk.com. Or if that doesn't appeal to you, you can always post your work here. If you have the time also make a preview of what you would like your shirt to look like ie. Color of shirt, and placement of design. Please note that we are not thieves, and will not steal any of your work.

Well I think I have covered everything, if you have any questions or comments feel free to post here or email me!

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you all soon

I just realized there is a "Contest" forum. I'm assuming this will be moved there.

Nah thats for really big Kirupa-made contests.

Ah, now I see where it needs to go

WOW I would love to have a go.. is there a deadline date you need them by? And can we submit more than one? Is there a particular theme for us to work to - other than female? Or is it wide open? I know you said colour etc etc is our choice.. but what.. oo I have voices in my head.. lol (sorry I really am not mad.. just having a good day).

*goes off all inspired & excited*
    Last edited by snowbabe; July 22nd, 2005 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbabe
    WOW I would love to have a go.. is there a deadline date you need them by? And can we submit more than one? Is there a particular theme for us to work to - other than female? Or is it wide open? I know you said colour etc etc is our choice.. but what.. oo I have voices in my head.. lol (sorry I really am not mad.. just having a good day).

*goes off all inspired & excited*
    Hi snowbabe,

We are planning to launch our new line mid august, so try and have something within 2-3 weeks. Yes you can submit as many designs as you like. I also forgot to mention that we are not going to just sell two female shirts in our existance, so initially if we don't go with your design it is Very possible that we use it a month or so down the road. We would email you and give you an offer for your design and go from there. For right now 2 spots are open.

Design wise we are giving you a clean slate. We are looking for everything and anything. Just go with your own style, we want the shirts to reflect the designers that make them. The shirts we are asking for right now will be sold to females, so obviosuly they will have to appeal to them.

I hope that clears everything up. Let me know if you have any further questions. And good luck!

i am not dealing with vector staff but here is an idea...take it back?

Last edited by seawise; July 22nd, 2005 at 03:25 PM.

is there a shirt template you would like us to use?

like this?

Last edited by fasterthanlight™; July 23rd, 2005 at 01:12 PM.

First Entry!

Clockwise from top left:
    Main design, main design as seen on the front of a shirt, back design as seen on the back of the shirt, back design.

Ooo some entries!

Seawise: Thanks for your entry. We are going to be looking for some a little more heavy on the graphic side. But I will put it through our panelists and see what they say.

fasterthanlight: Excellent entry! I like the design. Im going to give you a little snip it I have sent out to the people who have emailed me:

"We are looking for everything and anything. The shirts designs I am asking for right now are female shirts, so obviously the t-shirt will have to appeal to females . Just go with your style, we want our shirts to reflect the designers that make them."

So what I'm saying is the design doesn't really have to say "Take it Back" or have anything to do with the company. We want the shirts to be reflective of how you design. I still like your entry and will put it in the running for the 2 spots. Thanks!

ps. yes that t-shirt layout is perfect.

Second Entry

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brownPlanes.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	26850  

Another awesome entry FTL. I'll add it to your submissions.

And thank you once again.

Seawise: Thanks for your entry. We are going to be looking for some a little more heavy on the graphic side. But I will put it through our panelists and see what they say.
    I did it cause i thought that the idea may be helpful..you are right about the graphic part..anyway cheers..

I like doing this, its fun

Hey FTL in your first entry, for the background that looks like a city, how did you achieve that effect in illustrator?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information