Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Stamp

Xbox Stamp

My Xbox stamp, as usual, comments and suggestions welcome, enjoy!
    EDIT: Added second variant
    Attached Images Attached Images   

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Icr125riderI

dude seriously, have you ever heard of "creativity?" lol

Whats wrong with it? I thought it was cool how the X was all to the side and crap. Maybe i'm wrong...

kirupa
    n/a
    I really like the stamp design, but the text may need a bit more work. Have you considered using a pixel font to give the text that edgy feel to contrast the more smooth design of the X in the Xbox?

I can try, that was the same font in the Logo so I just used it, worth a shot.

kirupa
    n/a
    Maybe it will look better without italics

It's not really even a font, it is their logo cut out with a black outer glow. I can try different crap tomarrow though, it is 12:47 here, even later for you Kirupa, you should get to bed.

Your probably talking about th 5 again, s***.

Tripple post, WHOOOO! Sorry 'bout that.
    Closest of my installed fonts i could find, might look to DL one, I like it though, much better than before

i'd recommend d/l a pixel font (like kirupa said)

and i agree with radioactive chimp - be more creative.

also instead of having a new thread for each stamp - IMO it would be easier if they were all in one - but too late for that now so oh well.

-dale

Well, not bad, but the font should be fixed, by all means. That won't do. Destroys all the impression.

Yup I need a skinny one or a pixel one to match the XBOX. The 5 was the best I could do at 12:30 in the morning. THanks for the comments peeps.

Here it is with the offical XBOX font and one with the pixel font Sydnie:

The first one looks better, but both of them are so stucked to the borders, while you have enough space over the stamp.

kirupa
    n/a
    Try this cr125 - give the stamp's monetary value text a black outline but a white fill color. That may make the text more readable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information