Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: PHP Editing MySQL Values

PHP Editing MySQL Values

Alright, so I have a page that displays database contents. On each of the entries, I have it print out a "Edit this entry" link. When you go to the link, it goes to a form that you can use to edit the database content. The forms are blank right now and the problem is, the people editing the feilds dont know what they are editing exactly if that makes any sense. What would be an easy way to pass the information through the edit link and display each field in the text field of the edit form.

I hope that makes sense

Thanks!

If I understand you correctly, you just want to display the content of the particular row that the user wants to edit in form fields?

Just pass the id of that particular row to the edit page, use a query to pull that information using the id to find the right row, and then echo the values into value fields on the text inputs.

PHP Code:
    <input type="text" name="howManyApples" value="<?php echo $theQueryDataThatIPulled[0]; ?>" />

Yep, actually just now before I refreshed the page, I came up with an easy way to do it. In each edit link i have the ID of the database data printed. I can just run a query getting the data from the ID that is in the URL.

Thread Information