Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Flash & PHP mail form problem

Flash & PHP mail form problem

Hi!

I tried out the tutorial on creating forms in flash with PHP from http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti..._php_email.htm

It works great, however I had to add some extra stuff, as the form has the request as below : firstname, lastname, address, phone, website and comments.

In the PHP coding for email.php from Kirupa's example, the code is as below:
    $message = $_POST["message"]"];

However, I've added the input text in flash for address, phone and url address the user can submit to. I changed the coding below, and please dun laugh as I just started wading the water with PHP:
    $message = $_POST["addressbar"]. $_POST["website"]. $_POST["phone"]. $_POST["comments"];

When I click the submit button, it works fine, accept when I check in my email, the contents in "addressbar", "website", "phone" and "comments" are all joined together with no space in between. Example as below when I check my email to test the form.

POBOXTestingCountry1200www.google.com11220035

Is there any way to separate them to look like this in my email?:

POBOXTesting
    Country
    www.google.com

Do help! Boss is breathing down my neck!

I have another problem, whereby if the user does not fill in all the text fields, a message will come out saying "Please fill in the fields mark *". I tried the code below, i thought it works at first, but when I test in on the server, I did not receive any email.
    Below is the code:
    on (release) {
    if (firstname == undefined || lastname == undefined || addressbar == undefined || email == undefined){
    _root.questions.gotoAndPlay("blanks");
    } else {
    _root.questions.form.loadVariables("email.php", "POST");
    }
    }

I tried filling in all the blanks, and the message still appears, and no data is send to the email! Please do help!

Quote Originally Posted by rykong196
    Hi!

I tried out the tutorial on creating forms in flash with PHP from http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti..._php_email.htm

It works great, however I had to add some extra stuff, as the form has the request as below : firstname, lastname, address, phone, website and comments.

In the PHP coding for email.php from Kirupa's example, the code is as below:
    $message = $_POST["message"]"];

However, I've added the input text in flash for address, phone and url address the user can submit to. I changed the coding below, and please dun laugh as I just started wading the water with PHP:
    $message = $_POST["addressbar"]. $_POST["website"]. $_POST["phone"]. $_POST["comments"];

When I click the submit button, it works fine, accept when I check in my email, the contents in "addressbar", "website", "phone" and "comments" are all joined together with no space in between. Example as below when I check my email to test the form.

POBOXTestingCountry1200www.google.com11220035

Is there any way to separate them to look like this in my email?:

POBOXTesting
    Country
    www.google.com

Do help! Boss is breathing down my neck!
    Change you PHP code to this:
    PHP Code:
    $addressbar $_POST['addressbar'];
    $website $_POST['website'];
    $phone $_POST['phone'];
    $comments $_POST['comments'];

// For spaces between the values use this
    $message    $addressbar." ".$website." ".$phone." ".$comments;

// For new lines use this
    $message    $addressbar."\n".$website."\n".$phone."\n".$comments;

// For HTML email use this
    $message    $addressbar."<br>".$website."<br>".$phone."<br>".$comments
    If you want to use the last option, the HTML email, you will have to add a few headers. MAIL function information
    Check that page for mail information.
    I don't have any answer on you next question because I am still a n00b in Flash.

Success,
    // Paul

Hey it works!@

Thanks a bunch!

Thread Information